Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra
    I have a good sound/volume quality without VolumeCare. I just rise the volume with side buttons and it is far than enough. As a rule volume is pretty low for speakerphone but I rarely use it at all.
    I don't know what you guys are talking about? My sound quality is just as good as my old Nokia 3650 as well as my backup phone, the 6620. Without ANY additional apps. I tried VolumeCare once and it actually made sound VOLUME, not quality, WORSE. I also asked a few friends in the past how I sounded and they said, "just like a landline".
    Yea yea, it is ok even without additional apps. But VC can help in some very noisy places. I would not say it makes sound worse, just louder
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I've always been very disappointed my my 650 from this point of view. All too often, the voice of the other person breaks up, though it can - but not always - be better in strong reception areas. They can hear me OK. I often have to resort to speakerphone, which is usually a lot better, and the BT headset is faultless.

I often wonder if it's the presence of the human body: kept in my pocket in lower signal areas, it indicates 'no signal' until laid aside for a few minutes. With speakerphone or headset, of course, the phone is, again, further from me.

Is the 750v going to be any better in this respect?
    telephonitis, I'm just curious, but what is it that you do that caller voice quality is so critical?

I'd say the 650 is more than sufficient even for a telephaudiophile. I use volumecare and the quality is crisp and clear, even cross-carrier.

I have a real problem when my g/f calls (Verizon), but she admits that she keeps her phone jammed between her ear and her shoulder, which greatly reduces quality. I'm CONSTANTLY asking, "What did you just say?" When she holds it like a normal person should, clarity comes right back.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    I've got an unlocked 650 and i've only used it with sims for Singapore, Thailand, and Cambodia and I haven't had any problems with phone calls. I just use the side button for volume up.
    I've been using it for a couple of years now and it seems o.k.. The only problem I've had with the phone is that in Thailand the signal cuts out these days and I have to pull the sim, blow on it and shove it back in. Then it works (I've had the Thai sim for a couple of years now so that's probably the problem.) By the way what's this volume care that everyone talks about? By reading the posts it doesn't really seem to do much of anything.
    Maybe someone could tell me if I need it.
    Thanks
    Also... in the States they charge you guys for incoming calls?
    volumecare is a utility that allows you to increase the volume past the treo's set maximum. You can actually damage the speaker with it if you're not careful... but if you are careful, it can make listening much easier and better.

No, generally we are not charged for incoming calls. I mean, they count against our anytime minutes, but they don't cost extra or anything...

There are some plans that have incoming calls free, but they're few and far between.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12