Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    Can I use 2Day! as a Calendar replacement, or is it just intended for the appointments of the day?

    Also, the native Calendar has a 'sync calendar' command, so that I can immediately ActiveSync entries. Is it possible to have this function built into 2Day!?
  2. #2  
    It is not a replacement for the calendar. It is a way to look at what you have to do today, then move to tomorrow, et cetera. Ben
  3. #3  
    Hi,

    There is also a week view, and ability to quickly create new meetings.

    More important - almost all action can be done with the 5-way nav.

    Regarding the "Sync" thing - what does it do ? does it start a HotSync ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  4.    #4  
    Sync Calendar enables ActiveSync with Exchange. Neither release of Agendus or DateBk6 have this feature, so it's necessary to first close out of them and open the native Calendar app in order to sync a meeting to the Exchange server.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    Sync Calendar enables ActiveSync with Exchange. Neither release of Agendus or DateBk6 have this feature, so it's necessary to first close out of them and open the native Calendar app in order to sync a meeting to the Exchange server.
    Sorry - still dont understand - what does this option do - does it launch a "normal" HotSync process ?

    Can you do the same thing it does "manually" (from the "Applications" screen) ?
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    Sorry - still dont understand - what does this option do - does it launch a "normal" HotSync process ?

    Can you do the same thing it does "manually" (from the "Applications" screen) ?
    Sorry I was unclear, Shimon: it launches wireless sync to a Microsoft Exchange server. Most companies use ActiveSync, a component of Exchange, to sync handhelds. Many individuals, like me, use hosted Exchange to get access to this same server.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    Sorry I was unclear, Shimon: it launches wireless sync to a Microsoft Exchange server. Most companies use ActiveSync, a component of Exchange, to sync handhelds. Many individuals, like me, use hosted Exchange to get access to this same server.
    But is there an application on the Palm device you can launch to do this manually ?
    (then I can have 2day launch that app, too)
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    But is there an application on the Palm device you can launch to do this manually ?
    (then I can have 2day launch that app, too)
    It would be WONDERFUL if you could do this. This function can only be launched directly from the Sync Calendar menu within Calendar. The only other option is to launch Sync All from within Versamail, which includes Mail, Contacts, and Calendar. (Versamail is where the Exchange servers are configured).
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    It would be WONDERFUL if you could do this. This function can only be launched directly from the Sync Calendar menu within Calendar. The only other option is to launch Sync All from within Versamail, which includes Mail, Contacts, and Calendar. (Versamail is where the Exchange servers are configured).

    I will poke around for it.
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKEphONE
    I will poke around for it.
    Any luck with your probing and poking?
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    Any luck with your probing and poking?
    Oh - forgot to post...

    No luck, sorry...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com

Posting Permissions