1.    #1  
    Does anyone use FontSmoother 1.76 and Chatter successfully? I've tried Arial, Tahoma, and Trebuchet, all 11pt.

The headers in the main interface are fine, but when I open an email, letters on the right margin are often cut off. I'd very much like to have a font that cooperates.

A related question about FontSmoother: are the default system fonts (which work fine with Chatter) smoothed?
    I doen't use fontsmoother with chatter. Chatter manages it's own fonts.
  3.    #3  
    To my knowledge, Chatter hasn't managed fonts since the old FontBucket days when Chatter was also used for IM Chat. The fonts render the same as the system fonts and aren't configurable.

Arial would look fantastic, were it not for the occasional cut off letter.
    Marc (developer of Chatter) has stated that Chatter does not manage fonts.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    I am experiencing the same chopped letters on the right margin. Anyone have any idea if this going to be addressed?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rezdog
    I am experiencing the same chopped letters on the right margin. Anyone have any idea if this going to be addressed?
    It's not perfect, but MS Reference Sans Serif 11 pt is the best I've found.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    There is an advance setting within fontsmooter that allows you to configure each app. The way I fixed my problem was to uncheck the "eBook Mode" Also I'm using "Utopia 17 aa ker"

Al
    Unchecking ebook mode fixed my problem as well. thanks for the tip.
  9.    #9  
    Worked for me, too! Thank you!

Can you tell me what 'Smart Highlight' does, also under Advanced options?
    ahhh, nice find.
    I'm using Tahoma 10 with everything, and it looks great everywhere... except for Chatter. Has anyone else had a problem with the fonts just looking like crap in Chatter? It's like the anti-aliasing went horribly wrong...
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by cebailey
    I'm using Tahoma 10 with everything, and it looks great everywhere... except for Chatter. Has anyone else had a problem with the fonts just looking like crap in Chatter? It's like the anti-aliasing went horribly wrong...
    This advice worked like a charm for me, with Arial 11-- see above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    There is an advance setting within fontsmooter that allows you to configure each app. The way I fixed my problem was to uncheck the "eBook Mode" Also I'm using "Utopia 17 aa ker"

Al
    I tried unchecking "Ebook" for chatter, and it didn't seem to fix it. Here are my two screenshots - one is from Blazer, the other from a message in Chatter. See what I'm talking about?

EDIT: Uploaded the right files. It's subtle, but its there, and it looks a lot worse on the Treo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    It's looking to me like Chatter doesn't know that you're using a different font from the default. I suggest trying a font whose size is closer to the default font size.