1.    #1  
    Ok .... did a search on "Long Distance dialing" which brought up 1 topic and really didn't answer my question.

My plan is like so many others here ... no long distance charges, no roaming, etc. If I leave my "home" area and want to make a call to my area there is no long distance charge or roaming charge, correct? And do I simply need to dial "1" plus the number (with no area code prefix)?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by gijohn
    Ok .... did a search on "Long Distance dialing" which brought up 1 topic and really didn't answer my question.

My plan is like so many others here ... no long distance charges, no roaming, etc. If I leave my "home" area and want to make a call to my area there is no long distance charge or roaming charge, correct? And do I simply need to dial "1" plus the number (with no area code prefix)?

Thanks!
    First, this post probably belongs in the service providers forums, not in the 700p section.

Anyhoo... On Sprint at least, you don't have to dial 1 to call within the U.S.- just the 10 digit number (3 area code digits + 7 digit phone number). But to call into your home area code, 1 followed by the 7 digit number works fine.

As far as what you will be charged, it depends on your provider. If you're on a plan that doesn't charge for roaming or long distance, then you shouldn't be charged for calling into your area code from outside your area code.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    First, this post probably belongs in the service providers forums, not in the 700p section.
    Sorry .... guess quite a few topics in the 700p belong in different areas. I'll try and be more careful in the future.

...... and thanks for the help.