Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    ok Im glad all this tech talk but can anyone say yes or no that it can work. Can also someone say how to make it work if the answer is yes.
    If someone can view Cingular Video on a 3G device, possible it will display the URL which can then be entered into the Treo. I'm going to try it later since my wife just got the LG CU500 which is one of the three declared 3G devices that Cingular offers. Will let y'all know.
  3.    #23  
    thanks.... waiting patiently
    Sorry I haven't replied to this thread in a while. I actually can get to the Cingular Video web page now (http://device.home and then pick "Cingular Video") with links available for the videos. Unfortuantely, the links point to various "playMedia.ram" files which Blazer can do nothing about other than download to your SD card. If you copy this file onto a PC with the RealPlayer installed, you can then view the video. Essentially the "ram" file is just a URL pointing to the video stream and since the Treo 650 does not have a RealPlayer that handles video, we are SOL. About the only thing we could hope for is an updated version of the audio-only RealPlayer our phones came pre-loaded with....but that seems unlikely.
    Quote Originally Posted by rflores2323 View Post
    I have cingular svc and they have a svc for 3g phone called cingular video. Since i have an unlimited plan I could get some basic channels free.

Would the treo650 be capable of using this service from cingular??

https://www.cingular.com/media/cingular_video_index
    Actually, it's a $600 phone that looks like a $3,000 phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    If someone can view Cingular Video on a 3G device, possible it will display the URL which can then be entered into the Treo. I'm going to try it later since my wife just got the LG CU500 which is one of the three declared 3G devices that Cingular offers. Will let y'all know.
    Uhm, I forgot to reply - so I tested out my wife's LG CU500 - video looks great with that 3G. However, I haven't used a regular cellphone in so long that I forgot that they don't use an actual browser like on a Palm - so there was no URL displayed.

It would be great to get that working on the Treo....
    I work for Cingular...
    The Treo is not in the list of 3G feature (such as CV- Cingular Video) compatible phones.

There is no way around this because after many hours of talk time with Tech Support, trying to get my unlocked phones to work with all the downloadable programs offered by Cingular, I finally got one of them to tell me how the network determines if what phone you have and what it is capable of doing...

Ready...

The network checks what IMEI you are currently logged on to the network with, not what IMEI you have on your account.

Makes sense, right?
    Well that puts us SOL since changing your phones IMEI # is illegal and Cingular Video is only availible to the list of IMEI's in Cingulars database.

Hope this helps Clarify a few things, including how whats-his-face was lying about having Cingular Video on his 650, hahahah.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12