1.    #1  
    Hey all.. First post on here.. I did a search but didn't find anything that I specifically needed. So pardon me if this has been asked before...

I have two phone lines.. The 650 has been my second line but I'm going to eventually migrate to using it all the time.. Thus, I know I'll need to buy extra memory for it.

I have two questions though:

1. What do you all suggest size-wise for a SD card? I was thinking 1gb would be enough for me. I dont plan to watch movies on it or load it up with MP3s..

2. There are soo many different "flavors" of SD cards.. I was looking at Sandisk Ultra Cards, just because thats what I have in my Digital SLR. But, would the Ultra II be overkill for a Treo 650? Would the standard SD 1GB be good enough or would the Ultra II be a good investment?

Any other suggestions regarding these matters would be greatly appreciated!
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    With the 1GB's as cheap as $20 now...

But if you're not going to put MP3 or movies that's probably overkill. A 128MB card would probably be enough for most any apps or backups you want to store on it. If you were going to leave a lot of Treo pictures on the SD you might consider a 256MB card. And with a bit of searching you can probably find either one of those for free after rebate.

As for speed results the Treo is the bottleneck for most SD cards. I started a thread on that topic a while back.

ERic
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbykokinos
    Hey all.. First post on here.. I did a search but didn't find anything that I specifically needed. So pardon me if this has been asked before...

I have two phone lines.. The 650 has been my second line but I'm going to eventually migrate to using it all the time.. Thus, I know I'll need to buy extra memory for it.

I have two questions though:

1. What do you all suggest size-wise for a SD card? I was thinking 1gb would be enough for me. I dont plan to watch movies on it or load it up with MP3s..

2. There are soo many different "flavors" of SD cards.. I was looking at Sandisk Ultra Cards, just because thats what I have in my Digital SLR. But, would the Ultra II be overkill for a Treo 650? Would the standard SD 1GB be good enough or would the Ultra II be a good investment?

Any other suggestions regarding these matters would be greatly appreciated!
    I've been using the 1G Ultra Plus, which is also USB compatible. It's great, since I keep hundreds of work-related files. I'll get the 2G, when they go down in price. A great investment.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info guys..

I ended up buying this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Custra...82E16820211309

I read the reviews on there and several people with Treo's were using them. Good price too.

I have a 40GB MP3 player, so MP3s wont be needed. But, say I want to do movies.. How many megs does a movie usually take up? I'm sure 1GB is overkill, but for that price, it's worth a shot
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Doh! The A-Data 4GB card gets pretty mixed, i.e. bad, reviews based on what I'm seeing in the 700p forum. No basis on the 1GB card, but from what I've read on the 4GB I personally would stay away from that brand.

On the movie size... I record mine at 320x~240 resolution with stereo audio and it takes 2.9MB/minute.

ERic
    I have a 1gig PNY card I picked up at Best Buy on sale for 29.99$ last weekend. Couldnt wait for shipping as I am going on a trip this AM...in 20 min...LOL. Works just fine for me
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Doh! The A-Data 4GB card gets pretty mixed, i.e. bad, reviews based on what I'm seeing in the 700p forum. No basis on the 1GB card, but from what I've read on the 4GB I personally would stay away from that brand.
    I've seen the same mixed reviews on the 4GB but saw only positive ones on the 2GB, which is what I got for a great price right after getting my 700. I've had no problems after going from a SanDisk 1GB.
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    On the movie size... I record mine at 320x~240 resolution with stereo audio and it takes 2.9MB/minute.
    I generally run about the same size. If I'm doing a special-effects-heavy movie, sometimes I'll raise the quality and, consequently, the file size a little.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher