Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39
  1.    #1  
    I originally bought a 3-pack of Smartphone Experts Treo Screen Protectors from Palm Infocenter but as it was my first smartphone, I pretty much screwed up each of them so they weren't perfect. The last one I put on was on 95% perfectly except for one edge.

    That wasn't good enough and I bought a pair of the Martin Fields ones. I carefully put on the first one and it is SO MUCH CLEARER than the other ones. The screen is noticably clearer and better looking. I HIGHLY recommend these.

    Have a good one guys,

    Steve
  2. #2  
    How are they compared to the Boxwave ones? Are they thicker than you expected? Are they very firm and stiff plastic?
  3. #3  
    Does the Martin Fields screen show fingerprints? I ordered the Boxwave Crystal screen and it attracts fingerprints way too easily.
  4. #4  
    I tried the boxwave crystal and then went to the Martin Fields. The Martin Fields are not as stiff and they don't appear to show fingerprints as easily as the boxwave. I definitely prefer them over the boxwave.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  5. #5  
    Are they as clear as the boxwave crystal?
  6. #6  
    I'm a former Boxwave Crystal user on my 650. Martin Fields are as clear, and are more durable: the surface hasn't gotten at all marred during my first month, and zero bubbles :-)
  7. #7  
    I was going to order some Martin Fields, but their site says that it uses "mild adhesive". The Boxwave ClearTouch doesn't use adhesive.
  8. noodle's Avatar
    Posts
    536 Posts
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    #8  
    I use the palmone screen protectors, they work fine for me.
  9. #9  
    Neill,

    Did you have any fingerprint issues with your Boxwave? What about with your Martin Fields?
  10. #10  
    boxwave definitely has adhesive. It's not glue but it's sticky.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    Neill,

    Did you have any fingerprint issues with your Boxwave? What about with your Martin Fields?
    I'm not quite sure what you mean-- I'm meticulous when first applying them, and have compressed air on hand in case there are any errant particles.

    I did find that Boxwave protectors were more likely to have grooves and dings from normal wear and tear.

    I always get skin oil on the surface, but it wipes off with a lint-free cloth. And for good measure, I occasionally use eyeglass lens cleaner, which restores the finish to near-perfect.
  12. #12  
    I've been using Brando crystal screen protectors. Have had one for a year and a routinely forget that I have a screen protector on it is so clear.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    Does the Martin Fields screen show fingerprints? I ordered the Boxwave Crystal screen and it attracts fingerprints way too easily.
    fingerprint resistance is pretty good.
  14. yOyOYoo's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    #14  
    are the new martin fields screen protectors full size for the treo screen? I've heard they may be 2mm smaller around the edges.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
    are the new martin fields screen protectors full size for the treo screen? I've heard they may be 2mm smaller around the edges.
    They are advertised specifically for the 700p so they'd better fit. I just ordered one.
  16. #16  
    They are a little smaller than the screen (maybe 1mm), but they appear to be larger than the boxwave 650 cleartouch covers.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  17. #17  
    How are they applied? Are they like the old / good Cleartouch? Those were sandwhiched between two layers. The top layer was to help position and apply the Cleartouch after the bottom backing was removed.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by neill
    I'm not quite sure what you mean-- I'm meticulous when first applying them, and have compressed air on hand in case there are any errant particles.
    The best thing to do is apply the screen protector in a humidified room so there is no dust in the air. I just run the shower for a few minutes.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    How are they applied? Are they like the old / good Cleartouch? Those were sandwhiched between two layers. The top layer was to help position and apply the Cleartouch after the bottom backing was removed.
    The side that goes against your screen has a layer on it, but the opposite side does not. I just made an "O" shape out of a piece of tape and put in on the side facing out to guide it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  20. king's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #20  
    How is the "glare factor" for the new martin fields screen protectors? The one I'm using from Palm is difficult to see in bright light.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions