1.    #1  
    Is it possible to stream a MPEG-4 live video onto the Treo 700p?

I am going away and i have security Cameras Setup in my business and i would be really cool if i can see the live stream on my Treo.

thanks for the help
    I admittedly have a 650 and not a 700, but I believe the answer's the same for both: not yet. CoreCodec is reportedly working on a new version of TCPMP that will have streaming capability.
    Last edited by northward; 07/11/2006 at 09:36 PM.
    Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Epic 4G -> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by spridell
    Yes. The 700p has a built-in streaming player that should handle MPEG-4. Just type in the URL in Blazer or make a bookmark.
    spridell, please let us know if that works.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I believe it is also possible through Orb, but I have not tried it. Not sure, but I thought there was a discussion about that previously.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts

I am going away and i have security Cameras Setup in my business and i would be really cool if i can see the live stream on my Treo.

thanks for the help
    The problem would be if your security Camera requires an activex component to be seen on the web. I work with VivoTek cameras and they do require that and therefore are not visible on the 700p.
    It is more important to affix the blame, than it is to fix the problem
    As an alternative you can buy a program called fireproducer and use it to stream the cam at your business then you use firepad on your palm to view your fireproducer stream. I did that on a treo 650 while back and it worked. Don't know if it would work on a 700p though.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for all the replies.

I am going to try ORB first and then if that doesnt work then i will try fireproducer.

It WONT work if i just go to the website.

thanks again
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the replies.

I am going to try ORB first and then if that doesnt work then i will try fireproducer.

It WONT work if i just go to the website.

thanks again
    Unfortunately, I think fireproducer and Orb only work with webcams. If you find a palm solution that works with IP security cameras, please PM me. Been looking for some time and only found windows solutions.
    Last edited by Meinken; 08/02/2006 at 08:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    We just got a new camera into the office from Vivotek. It is the Vivotek 7135/7137. It allows acces to live video through RTSP(Real Time Streaming Protocol). Have set it up in the office and I can now watch one of our IP security cameras on the 700p through Kinoma. I would presume this will work with any camera that supports RTSP.