Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, I'm starting to see a trend here. My first 700p had a discolored keyboard, my 2nd 700p's screen started turning green in the upper left corner, and my last (third) 700p started humming/buzzing into my ear when making calls. It was the screen that caused the buzz, as turning it off made the buzz go away.

I am now on my FOURTH 700p, and although this one seems to be okay so far, how long before it develops a problem like my last one? I'm starting to wonder about the QC on these devices. A person shouldn't need to go through four 700ps in just over a month. That's absolutely absurd.

This is terribly disappointing.
    I totally agree! With the amount of times I have been to the sprint store to get a replacement (just search some of my other posts) I have seen a wide variety of the treos. I have yet to see a totally consistent treo. not sure what their constraints are before the treo is allowed out the door but they need to be stricter!!!!
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    I'm just curious, have you two always gone to the same store for your replacements? I wonder if trying a different store might get you one from a different lot, giving you a better chance at a functional unit.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
  4.    #4  
    I've been to two different stores. The first two 700ps came from one Verizon store, then I got the third at another (thinking exactly what you had suggested), and even that one went bad. Now my fourth unit is from the same Verizon store as the last one.

Aren't we paying a premium price for these things? Shouldn't the quality be more consistent? I'm writing a letter to Palm about my experiences.

Oh, by the way, the one positive thing is that I'm getty Palm bucks for each of these that I end up exchanging, so I'm up to 6700 Palm bucks!
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    SonnyS - I'm curious - what was the story with the "discolored" keyboard? I've had three 700p's and each one had a slightly different keyboard color...
    reubkov
    Palm Treo 755p with 2GB SanDisk microSD, Launcher X
    i am sorry you guys have had problems. i got mine directly from palm via the Interent and have had no problems with it so far...
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by reubkov
    SonnyS - I'm curious - what was the story with the "discolored" keyboard? I've had three 700p's and each one had a slightly different keyboard color...
    The first unit had a pinkish hue on 2/3 of the keys, and the upper right quadrant of keys was white/bluish -- it looked very strange, almost as if there was some kind of color overlay on a portion of the keyboard. It was objectionable enough to exchange.
    yeah... I have two sprint stores that I have been working with. both stores have the same issue.
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    I was just about to go to a Chicago Sprint or Verizon wireless store to get a 700p. Saw the post about the buzzing and now I'm not so sure. I've had a 600 for about 18 months and buzzing started on it about 3 months ago. It's driving me crazy! I was hoping that Palm would have fixed the buzzing in new versions but it sounds like it's back.

Need some advice...worth risking the buzz on a Treo 700p or should I change PDA's companies all together. If I risk it and go for the 700p any thoughts on Sprint vs. Verizon? And (to Babelfish in Chicago) any Chitown stores to avoid. Thanks!
  10.    #10  
    I think you may want to order directly from Palm -- you're most likely to get the newest batch that way. Also, if it's under warranty, you will be able to get a replacement, albeit a refurbished one.

If I have one more problem with the 700p, I'm going to scream in the Verizon store and exchange for a Motorola Q. These kinds of problems are beyond what someone should expect from, technically, a $600 device.

As to Sprint vs. VZW, I can't really advise. I'm on VZW, and have had great experience so far in terms of the service and customer experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyS
    I've been to two different stores. The first two 700ps came from one Verizon store, then I got the third at another (thinking exactly what you had suggested), and even that one went bad. Now my fourth unit is from the same Verizon store as the last one.

Aren't we paying a premium price for these things? Shouldn't the quality be more consistent? I'm writing a letter to Palm about my experiences.

Oh, by the way, the one positive thing is that I'm getty Palm bucks for each of these that I end up exchanging, so I'm up to 6700 Palm bucks!

do you have Vz insurance?> Did they give you a hard time cause its outside the 15 day period? Thanks
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    The keyboard on my first 700 was loose and creaky. I reuturned it and tried a Blackberry 7130, but that thing was junk. I got a second 700 and this one is rock solid. the keys are very firm and reeponsive.
    I'm on my 5th seriously
    Treoing & Loving it
    what problems did u have with your previous four?
    diane
    I wasn't happy with the screen hue and the hissing noise with my first. I received 3 replacement and they were all worse then the first so I kept the first one and sent the 3 back. Then my first treo met the tiles in the sheetz gas station which caused the dpad among other buttons to stop working so I exhanged that one for the 5th treo which I believe is much better than my first in both color and hissing. Call me picky.....
    Treoing & Loving it
    Wow,,,,, what bad luck,,, mine is absolutely perfect!
    Is there any possibility that you are getting refurbs when you exchange them?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    these treo's considering for the price tag...i assume should be well built but no.
    i am returning my first one for a second one.
    hopefully the second one will be perfect! (crosses fingers)
  19.    #19  
    15 days is for exchange to a different phone and/or refund. However, you have 30 days whenever you obtain a new handset (even after exchange) to exchange it for the same model in the event it is defective. I've done each of my exchanges at a Verizon store and received a brand new one. Unfortunately, I'm thinking that refurbs may be of higher quality than the new ones, since the refurbs get more attention for QC.
    they're all new evident by the ##786 screen
    Treoing & Loving it
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast