Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    they're all new evident by the ##786 screen
    what does that # sequence do/tell you??
    the QC is terrible on these things...or maybe I just have extremely bad luck...but I went through 4 650's and now need to exchange my 700 for a few different reasons
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    they're all new evident by the ##786 screen
    They probably turned the odometer backwards before they sent them to you...
    at&t iPhone3G
    I am also on my third Treo 700P. Palm does need to improve the QC on these devices. But, I think this is the best phone/pda out there today. My third one is working great so far. Just be careful about installing third party apps. Remember these things aren't perfect or meant to be. There are going to be bugs when a new device is released. Even if the device was perfect, people would still find something to complain about. Remember our history.

Treo 600 - Poor Screen Quality and camera complaints
    Treo 650 - Memory Issue Complaints
    Treo 700P - Speed Issues Complaints

Some People Are Never Satisfied. Be happy with what you have!

Sprint Treo 700P ROCKS!!!
  5.    #25  
    I beg to differ. Treo 700p doesn't "rock" if you have to return the first one due to defective backlighting, a 2nd due to a green tint on only part of the screen, and the 3rd due to an electrical buzzing in the handset earpiece. These are not quirks, these are defects that should not have happened.

If Palm isn't careful, they may well have a class action suit on their hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert K
    I am also on my third Treo 700P. Palm does need to improve the QC on these devices. But, I think this is the best phone/pda out there today. My third one is working great so far. Just be careful about installing third party apps. Remember these things aren't perfect or meant to be. There are going to be bugs when a new device is released. Even if the device was perfect, people would still find something to complain about. Remember our history.

Treo 600 - Poor Screen Quality and camera complaints
    Treo 650 - Memory Issue Complaints
    Treo 700P - Speed Issues Complaints

Some People Are Never Satisfied. Be happy with what you have!

Sprint Treo 700P ROCKS!!!
    IMO...i don't think alot of people consider anything when they can't wait to load their new device with apps. Some apps are just redundant and a waiste in relation to what the device is meant to be used for, beyond the pure facts that Palm has a poor track record with QC issues which all together can compound the problems with device exchanges until further updates are availbable for the 700.
    at&t iPhone3G
    You do know that there isn't a seperate LED for each key, right? The keys directly above the LEDs seem to be a little brighter with a slight pinkish hue.

I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out, and I've had it since they came out. Then again, I thumb type at 26 words per minute, so I'm not looking to closely.

I definately will not be returning mine, as the main thing I care about is the screen.

Your idea to write a letter to Palm is a good one, let them know that this matters to you. (I doubt it matters to many others). You never know, they might adjust the keyboard manufacturing process for your request.

(Always hold PALM to a higher standard/ Even though they have the best smartphone on the market, they can not risk complacency, and can always improve their products.).

Cheers,
    Brandorr.
    Could someone please post results from a SanDisk Extreme® III SD™ Card?
    Also I am very interested in other 4 GB SD cards.
  9.    #29  
    All three subsequent units to the first had more even blue/white backlighting of the keyboard -- only the first one was pink on 2/3 of the keyboard. Perhaps those keys came off a batch where the plastic was slightly discolered, I don't know. But it wasn't acceptable since the unit on display did not have this problem.

Anyways, I'm on #4 now and I hope it lasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyS
    The first unit had a pinkish hue on 2/3 of the keys, and the upper right quadrant of keys was white/bluish -- it looked very strange, almost as if there was some kind of color overlay on a portion of the keyboard. It was objectionable enough to exchange.
    I have the same pinkish hue on the bottom right of my keyboard. Is this really bad? Should I take it into my store? I really don't want to get a replacement just because I have everything I want on my 700p already. Plus I hate my Sprint store.
    can someone post pics of the greenish/blueish/pinkish hue that people keep talking about?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    yea...i think i had that one too...
    the new palm that i got has a brighter keyboard and the screen is less "blue"
    700 1 Daed BT Radio
    700 2 Would not switch out of extended network
    700 3 Dead after three days use. Just turned off and never came back
    700 4 (Hard resets on it's own)
    700 5 so far so good but I did get a screen that is hard to read wearing polarized glasses unless I turn it to 90 deg off center. The solution in a conferance call with verizon and Palm..... You just won't be able to wear your glasses with the device but it is not a defect. What crap!
    Palm Pro > Plam VII > m130 > T3 > T5 > LifeDrive > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 700w
    Holly crap who knew these Treo thingys were so cool!
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    does anyone have a picture of how a normal screen should look? thanks!

what is considered a normal screen?
    Last edited by brisk; 07/12/2006 at 11:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonnyS
    I beg to differ. Treo 700p doesn't "rock" if you have to return the first one due to defective backlighting, a 2nd due to a green tint on only part of the screen, and the 3rd due to an electrical buzzing in the handset earpiece. These are not quirks, these are defects that should not have happened.

If Palm isn't careful, they may well have a class action suit on their hands.
    Sucks to be you. My 700p (ordered from Palm) was perfect except for the slow speed (seems to affect all 700p's) and the screen was more yellow than my 650's screen. I have seen the ones with the screaming earpiece but haven't seen any with the discolored keypads yet.
    Got my 700p the day it came out, unfortunately i may have to agee with rhe others, i got a bum unit(center button sucked). imean it requried a hard press. i immedietley refurbed it on the first chance i had.(maybe sometime i'll explain why i can do that). palms quality control (or HTC's) sucks ***. I've seen more defects than necessary. Certainly an area for concern. (Palm are you listening?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muffnician
    (Palm are you listening?)
    Judging from the massive troubles with the 700p, even after the months and months we went through to get a stable Treo 650, apparently not.
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by 700pInIt
    700 1 Daed BT Radio
    700 5 so far so good but I did get a screen that is hard to read wearing polarized glasses unless I turn it to 90 deg off center. The solution in a conferance call with verizon and Palm..... You just won't be able to wear your glasses with the device but it is not a defect. What crap!
    I have poloarized sunglasses. When I wear them, I get a distorted/1/2 greyed-out looking screen on my 700, I can't see the screen of my iPod because it's completely washed out and my Dell Axim handheld screen looks like a rainnbow due to the screen protector I have...None of these are the fault of the device but a byproduct of the ploarization of the eyeglass lens.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Sucks to be you. My 700p (ordered from Palm) was perfect except for the slow speed (seems to affect all 700p's) and the screen was more yellow than my 650's screen. I have seen the ones with the screaming earpiece but haven't seen any with the discolored keypads yet.
    yes i noticed that too.
    my first 700 had a more blueish screen
    and the second one, which is perfect has a more yellow screen than the first when comparing side by side, but the second seems normal after doing the LCD analyzer test. I dunno...whats normal???
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD
    what does that # sequence do/tell you??
    Check this thread: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...ht=%23%23codes
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast