Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Help my Treo 700P won't sync! It says the connection between the computer and the handheld can not be established.

I restarted my computer but nothing changes. Please help. i'm about to throw this thing out the window.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    welcome to the club. there are articles in the treo sync forum that may help. me, I'm using back up to the sd card software till I get it fixed.
    Henry L lazarus hlazar@netaxs.com
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/
    www.netaxs.com/~hlazar/god.html
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Thanks. i'll check it out.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    Help my Treo 700P won't sync! It says the connection between the computer and the handheld can not be established.
    It happens to me sometimes - especially when my computer starts to go haywire. Did you try stopping HotSync and restart it on your desktop? (I know it's a silly question and I know you've restarted the desktop already. Sorry.)
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    That has happened to me a few times on my still new 700p. I have been able to get it to sync by going into the Task Mgr on my PC and stopping the "process" for hotsync.exe, and then launching hotsync from the Windows start menu. I don't know why this is necessary, but at least it works.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby

I restarted my computer but nothing changes. Please help. i'm about to throw this thing out the window.
    windows or mac?
    I was never able to get it working with my new 700p. A trip back to the store to swap the sync cable fixed the problem