1.    #1  
    OK, so the shift key is stuck. Had a session with a couple of hard resets before I searched the archives and found my stuck key problem.

So I ordered a new keyboard from PerformancePDA since my warranty is all out, and then got this when asking about in what area I should expect trouble:
    If you have no experience with this repair, there is a good chance you will damage your phone. I recommend having the keyboard replaced by a professional.
    So, my question to all you professionals who had done this before is, can someone please post instructions or a heads-up in which area I should be careful. The idea of having spend another $50 on a bricked phone is not that attractive.

Thanks, Rickard.
    Last edited by swedenliketreo; 07/07/2006 at 05:01 PM.
    Unlocked GSM 680
    There are some videos out there on how to take apart your treo. I am in no way a professional and I was able to change my keypad with absolutly no problems.
    I don't remember where those videos were but you could just "google" and find them pretty easily.
    You can get an idea of how to open up your Treo650 with this video. It's only another 1 or 2 screws to remove the keyboard. I'm sure you can figure it out.

4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info and assurance. Now lets hope that PerformancePDA can get the keyboard to me.
    Unlocked GSM 680
  5.    #5  
    Just an update. No keyboard from PerformacePDA yet, but I god my screwdrivers today. Opened it up and fiddled with the shift-key bubble and now it's back to normal.
    Unlocked GSM 680
    Hi all,

Hope you guys can give me some pointers here. I dropped (Arrgh!) my treo yesterday and somehow it landed on the "P" button. Now that button has lost it's "springy" feel.

I then tried for myself and dismantled the phone and took out the internal keyboard. But I can't seem to figure out how to fix it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Oops... I found this reply. Seem to be quite comprehensive. I'll try it out tonight then...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=105641

Cheers!
    Just an update... Managed to fix the button.

Life is beautiful...