Has anyone been succesful installing Goodlink on the new 700p?

We have been using the Sprint 650's for some time without issue, and today I recieved my first 700p (Sprint) to install GoodLink on. I have had nothing but issues. Occasionally the download will fail right off the bat when going to get.good.com.. The Install will normally work, however when I am prompted to approve the install, OTA Install alerts me that OTA Install is running and fails the install.. or resets the device... I have had to hard reset the device about 5 times now, and GoodLink is the only app I am trying to install on this phone.

Has anyone had any luck? I am downloading the client from get.good.com, so it's the latest and greatest right??

I have about 5 more of these phones to install, and I am racing my Exchange admin... as he is all for using the mobile Outlook access on them instead.

This is my first post... so please don't flame.. just trying to get some info on why these phones seem to be causing people issues with GoodLink (I've seen other posts with similar complaints)

Ric
    Yep. Got mine to load without a single problem. I went directly to https://get.good.com instead of using the Sprint's GetGood icon in the Treo. Sprint's GetGood icon had a /sprint suffix which I didn't want to use.
    I'm on Verizon, but Goodlink 4.8 seems to be functioning perfectly on my 700p
    right - 4.8 is working on my 700p, whereas the older version (not sure which rev it was any more) would hang at initialization, forcing a soft reboot.
    yep.
    I installed get good using Sprint's link when I got my 700p with no issues. As a matter of fact, I was syncing my data by the time I walked out of the store.
    Hey guys,

Can you tell me if Goodlink causes much of a battery drain on the 700p? I am currently using Chatter and in addition to the system delays, the battery drain is a bit much. I am wondering if Goodlink plays much nicer on a 700p. Also, are there any NFVS issues like we had on the 650?

Thanks!
    Well.. we have now recieved 4 of the 700's from Sprint, and I have tried loading the Gooklink client on 3 of them.. using various methods (Link on Palm desktop.. going to get.good.com manually..)

All three Treo's have the same problem. After running the OTA Setup, I get an error:

'OTA Setup has detected that Goodlink is running.

We must restart the handheld to continue the installation of the recommneded version of GoodLink.'

I can reset it at that time.. or I will cancel the rest.. Either way, Goodlink freezes at the Goodlink Initializing screen...

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Ricv
    What client version are you trying to install? It has to be 4.8 to work with the 700p. Check the Goodlink forum for more information. I have two devices working flawlessly. OTA Setup pulls the client down from the server. Your Goodlink admin has to have 4.8 available as a client. If you are truly loading 4.5/4.7, then yes, you are going to hose up the Treo 700p. Use FILEZ to remove all of the Goodlink apps/dbs and try it again.
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lynch
    Hey guys,

Can you tell me if Goodlink causes much of a battery drain on the 700p? I am currently using Chatter and in addition to the system delays, the battery drain is a bit much. I am wondering if Goodlink plays much nicer on a 700p. Also, are there any NFVS issues like we had on the 650?

Thanks!
    Goodlink causes my battery to drain about 50% after six hours. That means if I'm not charging my phone overnight, I wake up to a depleted battery.

As far as I can tell, there's no way I can tell Goodlink to activate only, say, every half hour.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Goodlink installed without a hitch on my 700p, but causes resets every few hours if I open one of their programs (e.g. Calendar, Email).
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I installed "Good Mobile Messaging" (nice fancy new name.. "GOOD" job guys) on my treo 700p without issue...

Works like a champ...

Except for a few issues:

1) No way to do custom ringtones (and ringo nor mring work right)
    2) autocomplete doesn't work in "messaging" (SMS)

quite irritating.... worked like a champ on my 650...

and before someone tells me - yes - these are likely PALM issues, where they have again changed something and didn't tell ANYONE, even one of their BIGGEST SUPPORTERS, GOOD TECHNOLOGY! If it wasn't for GoodLink (mostly) and a few others, the palm platform would be losing market share in the corporate world in favor of WM...

Chavous
    With all due respect to Palm, the ringtone issue is probably a Good issue. SMS, can't speak to.
    Quote Originally Posted by chavousc View Post
    I installed "Good Mobile Messaging" (nice fancy new name.. "GOOD" job guys) on my treo 700p without issue...

Works like a champ...

Except for a few issues:

1) No way to do custom ringtones (and ringo nor mring work right)

Chavous
    The problem here is that the Goodlink contacts has only limited # of ringtones. Whe Goodlink installs itself, it makes itself the default contacts.

What I have done is what is instructed in the following link to make the native palm contacts the default and therefore you can have ringtones. You will still have access to your goodlink contacts via the goodlink menus.

http://www.chaddickerson.com/blog/20...-with-goodlink
    That is also available on the GMM FAQ here on TC. However, does it work with the 700?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    That is also available on the GMM FAQ here on TC. However, does it work with the 700?
    I missed it on the FAQ. Yeah, it works on the 700P. That is what I have.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    With all due respect to Palm, the ringtone issue is probably a Good issue. SMS, can't speak to.
    According to GoodlinkTechnical Support:
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Technical Support
    Chavous,

This is currently a known issue with the Treo 700 device. Currently there is no fix for the issue. It is something our engineers are looking into. We do not have an ETA for overcoming this issue currently. You can check back and reference this case number to see if there are any updates at a later time.

If you require further assistance, please reply directly to this email or contact us by calling the number listed below. Please have your Account Number ready when calling as you will be required to enter it in order to access Technical Support. Also, please reference the following service request number for your case. Ticket #xxxxxx

Thank you,

Matt xxxx
    Feh - so until they fix it - i'm gonna have to try that other option and just sync my contacts w/ outlook through hotsync mgr. Thankfully Good doesn't try to use the default contacts db, so it won't dup...