Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Okay - here's the current count in my painstakingly futile efforts to wind up with a device I can live with:

700p #1 had blue-ish light but bad pixel. Ordered a replacement.
    700p #2 had yellow-ish/white light; wanted blue; asked for replacement.
    700p #3 had blue-ish light, but I had gotten used to the yellow/white, so I sent it back. BIG mistake. A few hours later, I dropped #2 face first on a concrete floor and completely messed it up, so I ordered ANOTHER one...
    700p #4 had a pink light (yup, pink) and an off-center faceplate so I ordered a replacement.
    700p #5 also had a pink light but also has a yellow-ish, uneven screen, so I ordered a replacement.

What will lucky 700p #6 be? Orange? Periwinkle? Seriously, I'm losing my mind.

UZGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    reubkov
    Palm Treo 755p with 2GB SanDisk microSD, Launcher X
    Ok... I think some people may be getting a bit carried away with the hue of their backlighting here. I mean you don't plan on doing color correct photo editing on these things right, and in the end it will probably end up lasting at most 2 - 4 years after which it will be gone. Personally I hate screens with overly yellowish hue's (for some reason yellowish just conveys a sense that the device is old and antiquated), however trading in perfectly health Treo's because the backlights are too blue-white or too-pink white is a little bit extreme, but to each his own.

Also IsLNdbOi, I'm guessing that the reason you can't get the real color of your Treo's keyboard is that your camera is auto-white balancing the shots. See if there is a way to do manual white balancing on your camera, find a white sheet of paper in the room that you will be photographing the device in and make sure that the lighting as it will be for your photo. Set your white balance using this sheet of paper (sorry if this is vague but I don't know what camera you have). Then try photographing your Treo.
    the thing is... a lot of these screens r not just a little brownish/pinkish/orangish/etc... they are extremely bad. mine was just horrible. everyone that I showed it to could tell that something was wrong
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ajabbari
    ...however trading in perfectly healthy Treo's because the backlights are too blue-white or too-pink white is a little bit extreme, but to each his own..
    Ahhh... welcome to the wonderfully irrational and humiliating world of OCD. The irony here is that I agree with you, and what's more, if I ever find one that meets my aesthetic criteria, it will almost certainly have mechanical issues or, worse, it'll be "perfect" and I'll end up dropping the thing again. As I see it (or rationalize it) I've waited two years for this thing, I'll have to look at it every day for the next two years, and I've spent a small fortune on the phone and numerous accessories, so whatever it takes to get one I like, I guess it's worth it.
    reubkov
    Palm Treo 755p with 2GB SanDisk microSD, Launcher X
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123