Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Ummmmm, I think it seems pretty obvious that Audio Gateway would be a bigger seller then a program that simply passes files via BT so that they would concentrate on fixing the more widely used product.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    BOB -

YES EXACTLY!!!!

Karl
    www.qtqtqt.com
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Well, you are assuming that just because they came out with this update to Bluefiles that they haven't been concentrating on TRYING to get SAG working. In fact, they did come out with a beta for SAG, 1.07, but that doesn't work with the 700P. Of course I don't know what exactly they are doing as far as resources, but seeing another version of Bluefiles doesn't indicate to me much of anything about their "concentration" level for SAG one way or the other...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

magic, got my moto 820's in the mail today, charged them up, followed instructions from angryCPA, and my new 820's work! Thanks!!!

using SAG 1.04 was the first I tried - so I don't know about 1.03

The only blip was I had profiles with the phone in silent mode at first (because all these crazed new toys are play with at wee hours of the night when my wife and baby are sleeping happily.

I do have the headset listed as "trusted" and I'm getting some skipping, maybe I remove that and it's better. Actually the longer I'm listening the less it's skipping.

after receiving a call it didn't go right back to playing music though. I flatly couldnt' get pocket tunes to start playing at all. after a soft reset it's ok.

not bad for my $59 ebay 820's
    I am using 1.04 and Plantronics 590A. My Treo freezes or slow down like hell. I tried it with ptunes, kinoma, sprinttv or tcpmp. Any cures?? And when I am saying slowdown, I dont mean 5 second delay. I mean 15-25 seconds and sometimes even more than that.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    My P barely runs Ptunes without the added processor demand from SAG. I'm skeptical that this functionality will ever be possible with the current set up.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Not sure if those who've gotten this to work have experienced the same thing as me, but it seems tht I can't use my 820's for calls when I'm using them for playing audio. I have to basically reset the Treo and reactivate them in BT to get them to work again for calls. But once I get them to work via SAG again, they again lose their ability to be active in calls again and I have to reset things. This is with 820's and SAG 1.03. Anyone else have this issue?

Not having the 820s paired to phone as well as SAG certainly iimproves things greatly. When Im usig the treo as a music player things are good enough. No the controls dont work and it sometimes seems to take a secret magic ritual to get the intiial connection established but it does work.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Hi...would someone mind telling me where I can find v1.04? I can only find 1.03 on the Softick site. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Well yea I know that, but what I'm sayin' is (on another thread at ST) they claim not to HAVE a 700P to test with - well that sure can't be.

Here are some settings that I read on another thread that seem to REALLY help:

SAG 1.03
    in Configuration:
    All boxes checked
    using 204Kbps

PTunes
    Too much to list but here is a quick rundown.

I have the EQ/Bass Boost OFF
    I have Crossfade OFF
    I have Screen set to turn off in 10sec
    Volume Boost OFF
    In the Copy to PC Prefs set to OFF (This one is Important)
    Backgrouns Play is checked All others unchecked.

Good luck

Karl
    www.qtqtqt.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon
    Not sure if those who've gotten this to work have experienced the same thing as me, but it seems tht I can't use my 820's for calls when I'm using them for playing audio. I have to basically reset the Treo and reactivate them in BT to get them to work again for calls. But once I get them to work via SAG again, they again lose their ability to be active in calls again and I have to reset things. This is with 820's and SAG 1.03. Anyone else have this issue?

I use 1.04 and HT820's and don't have this problem. however, after I receive a phone call, and then go back to ptunes... it refuses to start playing again, with BT on or off, Ptunes is dead. So reset is in order.

but the re-pairing is so easy. i've don't ever need to repair, and reconnection is automatic by just pressing the multi function button on the headset.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjr_atl
    Not having the 820s paired to phone as well as SAG certainly iimproves things greatly. When Im usig the treo as a music player things are good enough. No the controls dont work and it sometimes seems to take a secret magic ritual to get the intiial connection established but it does work.

I also found if I'm not paired to the phone (i.e. that little headphone icon on the phone application) then there is no skipping. However then I can't receive phone calls.

I really stumbled into this configuration by pairing the headset with another phone, and then it doesn't automatically connect to the treo... The 820 manual reads... when the headset is turned it automatically tries to repair [BOTH] to the last headset connection and the last music connection.

So it looks like if I want useable music with no skipping I also just will leave it not connected to the headset.

While it may be important to some to have continuous music, phone calls, back to music, more phone calls... that is not my usage behavior. I'm more single mode for an extended period of time, and then be done with the treo a while.

------------------------
    Edit: Hmmm, when I changed to SAG options as suggested above, it works fine even if paired to the phone for phone calls.
    Last edited by hansbuehler; 07/12/2006 at 09:16 PM. Reason: more information
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Does anyone else besides me think it's a bit lame that Softick has been so uncommunicative about when/if a viable solution will come out for the 700P? Heck, just a vague progress report and a large estimate window would be infinitely better than silence, which is basically what we've gotten for about 7 weeks (since Softick said they would have a fix in 2-3 weeks). Please, Softick, how about some communication!

Information would be nice any information....
    Quote Originally Posted by nhomer
    Hi...would someone mind telling me where I can find v1.04? I can only find 1.03 on the Softick site. Thanks!
    http://www.softick.com/files/AudioGa...En-softick.zip

Now that I have been playing with it for awhile I find that it is working fairly decent. Now it is just occassional skipping. I am using Jensen WBT212. I have no idea about calls yet. I mainly just want this for music anyway.
    Last edited by Bob-C; 07/19/2006 at 04:03 PM.
    Actually, I tried another album and it skipped quite more. I emailed Softick and their response said this in response to the 700p:

".... We are working to make version for 700p. This version will be released during few weeks."

There you have the latest news.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    WINNER!!! i just bought the bt620s and installed SAG 1.03 on my 700p. thank goodness. why does everything have to be so difficult? would it have been so hard to have 1.06 work on the 700p? sounds pretty good, skips periodically, but nothing to worry my bald head about. thank you KARLZ, thank you.
    "Your mom goes to college."
    I'm still using 1.4. Anyone using it with LightWav? I'm noticing some very odd ringer issues with LightWav and think it is not playing well with SAG. Anyone?
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I'm using 1.04 with the HT820's. I was able to listen via pocket tunes last night while I worked out for 45 minutes without so much as a hickup

Karl
    www.justsayok.net
    I'm trying to get this to work too! I have tried:

1.03 works "ok" but slow Treo reaction when playing Ptunes, TCMP works fine in mono
    1.04 (don't have)
    1.05 (don't have)
    1.06 Connects (remote mode) to the HT820's but no sound from Ptunes.
    1.07.857 Connects (remote mode) inconsistanly, got it to work once but since havinf trouble getting SAG to go into "remote"

I have read most of the threads and tried multiple pairing methods to the Treo and then connecting to SAG. i'd just like to try some other versions.....

Anyone have 1.04 and 1.05 I could try?

That would help
    foundationonline[at]homail[dot]com

as always,

thanks,
    Darkside

Treo700p/Motorola HT820
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast