1.    #1  
    Does anyone use any of the Treo Car Vent Mount devices and can help with this question?
    I don't own a car but rent quite frequently (NY, NY...), I read somewhere that the Arkon Vent Mount is semi-permanent(???!)
    Is this true?

Do you know if either the Arkon Vent Mount or the iGrip Vent Mount can be easily removed/re-applied?

Thanks,
    Ix.
    They are a bit quirky....not too hard 2 handed. But unless you mounting in a fixed vent, kinda useless.....adjustable vents which rotate up and down will inevitably tip (rotate) downwards due to weight of Treo
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    I found this at Fry's for 10 bucks. It has the typical 2 clip vent bracket with a support piece that prevents the rotation Jack spoke of. In fact it has two positions for minor adjustment and support.

Install is pretty easy. Removal can be a little tricky but is definitely doable. YMMV

http://www.wagan.com/htmls/detail-2013.html

gottago...
  4.    #4  
    thanks!
    Why not just use an Arkon windshield mount?
    Illegal in some states.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Illegal in some states.
    Oh. Good answer!
    i use a vent mount cell phone holder that i got from Target for $7. Simply clips to the vent and can be easily moved from car to car. it's a simple grey plastic adjustible holder that says "Type R" on it
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    Does anyone use any of the Treo Car Vent Mount devices and can help with this question?
    I don't own a car but rent quite frequently (NY, NY...), I read somewhere that the Arkon Vent Mount is semi-permanent(???!)
    Is this true?

Do you know if either the Arkon Vent Mount or the iGrip Vent Mount can be easily removed/re-applied?

Thanks,
    Ix.
    I use velcro in rental cars. Put the hard side on the car and simply leave it. I carry half a dozen velcro strips in my computer bag. If you get a rental car and it has a 2 x 1 piece of velcro on the dash, you may be driving a car that I have had in the past.

I use my Treo as a Nav system and I do not find vent mounts sufficiently stable for that application. On the other hand, sometimes I cannot find a good place to mount with velcro. Also have to be careful to consider where the gear lever and wheel will be in a driving configuration. Have sometimes thought I had a good spot but when moved the lever to drive it blocked my view.

I have a piece of foam that I bought at Circuit City for $10. It fits in the cup holder and holds the Treo (rotate it 180 degrees and it will hold a candy-bar cell phone). How good a solution this is is a function of where the cupholders are on the car. Drove cross-country with this solution.

All that said, wind-shield mount is still my favorite solution.