1.    #1  
    I, like many other, love my week old 700P. But, also like others, am very unhappy about battery life. Moderate phone and internet user and can just barely get through a long day.

In the 650 Blazer, there was a menu option to "disconnect". I don't see it in the new one. Does that mean that it is always looking for a connection, using battery?

If I log on to the network (VZW) from Blazer, then go to Snapper and disconnect, it definetely does disconnect, 'cause when I back to Blazer it goes through the reconnect thing again.

I could live with an extra five seconds to connect to the net if it means saving battery.
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    kenorian:

Indeed the network disconnection time on the 700p takes a long time. I experienced the same issue on my sprint version of the phone. I connected with blazer, and it never disconnected, and my phone battery drained very quickly. Treo helper used to work on my T600, and would disconnect the data network connection after a specified amount of time, but it does not work on the 700. In the interim, I found a freeware program that allows you to manually disconnect the data connection called reset netlib.

Load it on your phone, and map it to a hard key (I mapped it to my key on the side of the 700p). Now when I am done with using the network I launch it, and disconnect. Works great until someone comes up with a revised program that will disconnect the data network after a set period of no use.

The file is attached. Hope it helps. If anyone else knows of a program that will automatically disconnect the data network after a set time of non-use, I would love to also know about it.

Good luck.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    I emailed the developer or Treo600 connection manager. I also used that program on my 600, and it worked great. You could even program it to drop the network connection on a particular program after a specific period of time. Hope the Treo600 connection manager developer emails me back. I will keep all posted. Would love to see a program that works on the 700p developed that would allow the data network to drop after a specified period of time.

If you disconnect from the network you really save on battery life.

Any takers, come on programmers how about it.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    As an alternative, try "NetConnect DA" at http://www.palmspot.com/software/det...24a_98123.html. I first started using this on my Kyocera 6035. And use "RunDA" to create apps from DAs: http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/runda.shtml

Regards.
    Ian
    l haven't used this but in Prefs/Network there is a "Disconnect" button...