1.    #1  
    I have a treo 700P and am interested in buying a gps solution, probably a bt-338 with tomtom5. I've read everything I could on these boards and had a few questions before I order:

- What do you think is the best gps hardware and software solution - maps accuracy, gps signal lock, interface, stability, etc? Is it bt-338 with tomtom5?
    - Does tomtom5 or any other software do text-to-speech?
    - Can use a bluetooth headset (JX-10) while navigating and not have it be a pain in the ****?

Thanks!
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
  2.    #2  
    I called a few gps places and got the answers I needed.

- Going with bt-338 and tomtom5 like everyone else
    - pocketmaps is the only one that does text-to-speech, but the maps are old and the software kind of sucks
    - haven't gotten a good answer to my bluetooth questions, but i'll find out soon when i start doing it.
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    My intuition is that the Treo will only suport one bluethooth connection at a time. ...just my intuition.

gottago...
    I have a Parrot 3400, which supports Bluetooth GPS and handsfree voice operation at the same time.. to my knowledge this is the ONLY device that supports multiple connections (i'm using a treo 650.)
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Point taken and I have to retract my previous statement as I am using Telenav with a Bluetooth GPS receiver and found out that if I leave my JX10 on and in my ear incoming calls will transfer to the JX10 while using GPS. My bad...

gottago...