1.    #1  
    I'm really considering the 700p. I'm going for the voice memo option. I do lots of meetings where I would like a record. How much time can I record...also do I have the option of recording to an expansion card to get more time?
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I couldn't find a way to record to an SD card, but when I just attempted to make a recording, the screen shows I have 99:59 minutes. I assume it all depends on the amount of free RAM you have on the device. I couldn't find a way to copy the file to the SD card, but you can use Bluetooth or VersaMail to send it somewhere else. I hope this helps.

Joe
    Keep in mind that there are excellent third party apps that support recording to SD card. If time is a major consideration, then that would be the way to go. (With a 4GB card your time would be measured in days not hours.
  4. jdk
    The 99:59 minutes is a limit of the display. It'll record until you run out of memory, which, on a Treo 700p, is well over 100 minutes. I recorded at least 5 hours of meetings in about 40MB, but now I can't get the files off the Treo!

The "Beam", "Send...Bluetooth", and "Send...Versamail" methods don't work. I've tried against both a Mac and a PC for the Bluetooth, but both return some permission/directory error, despite the directory on those machines being writeable. I think that there is some issue with the destination directory being specified by the Treo, but I don't know where it is trying to put the data. The "Beam" IrDA transfer to my PC has the same result. When sending with Versamail, the e-mail gets sent but there is no attachment. Sprint has been useless in getting me an answer on this functionality.
    can't you just use the Resco Explorer to copy the files to the SD?
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alohatofu
    can't you just use the Resco Explorer to copy the files to the SD?
    If you do that it just copies a .pdb file which is not easily convertable to an audio format (at least I don't know how to do it...).
    Have you tryed mvoice? I'm sure it records the memo in an audio format so that you can share it.

Quote from their site "Optimize recording size - play it back on different platforms"

http://www.motionapps.com/products.jsp?mvoice
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdk
    [...]I can't get the files off the Treo!

The "Beam", "Send...Bluetooth", and "Send...Versamail" methods don't work. I've tried against both a Mac and a PC for the Bluetooth, but both return some permission/directory error, despite the directory on those machines being writeable. I think that there is some issue with the destination directory being specified by the Treo, but I don't know where it is trying to put the data. The "Beam" IrDA transfer to my PC has the same result. When sending with Versamail, the e-mail gets sent but there is no attachment. Sprint has been useless in getting me an answer on this functionality.
    I have successfully sent a test voice memo from my Treo700p to my WinXP laptop via Bluetooth and to an email account by sending with Snappermail (I never touch Versamail).

The filetype transferred is a .qcp file. I used the free Qualcomm PureVoice converter to turn it into a .wav file that played fine with WinAmp.

Regarding BT exchange directory, here's where it's specified on my WinXP Home box:
    • Double click BT icon in system tray.
    • Click on View or Modifiy Configuration (that gets a config pop-up)
    • Click on the Local Services tab in the config pop-up
    • Click to highlight either File Transfer -or- PIM Item Transfer
    • Click Properties

That should show you the "Bluetooth exchange folder location".

Is the problem specific to VoiceMemos, i.e. can you BT any other items?

ERic
  9. jdk
    Resco Explorer isn't free. I don't think I should have to pay to get my .qcp files off my device. After I setup my SprintMail account, I can get the attachments now. It seems it was just GMail that was removing the attachment. GoodLink doesn't come up as an option for sending.

I can't seem to BT any items. I've played with the settings quite a bit, but I'll try some more.
  10. jdk
    I have a new limitation. VersaMail using SprintMail only handles 3MB files and my voice recordings are 4MB.

BTW, HotSync does send the .pdb files for the voice memos, but I have no idea what tool I can use to parse those into the .qcp files.
  11. jdk
    I can send files using BT between my Mac and PC, but voice memo on my Treo can't send files to either. The Treo can receive files fine from the Mac and PC.