1.    #1  
    I am new to the treo and on my third 700p in a week has anybody else had trouble with the microphone in a noisy place. Such as an airport or restaurant
    I have people tell me the back ground noise is so loud they cant hear me.
    Any control on the senativity of the microphone? Thanks for your help
    I have had the same situation in noisy environments. People seem to hear me fine, but mention the noise.
    I have never owned the 650 since I came from a 600, so I don't know the comparison between the 650 and 700. IMO...its a PDA that can be used as speaker phone quite effectively. I use mine in a meeting between 3 to 4 souls and it worked awesome...everyone could be heard clearly, and we could all hear clearly in a boardroom, so I am figuring the same microphone used on calls is the same used on speakerphone allowing you to hear broadly unlike a regular mic on a regular Cell phone...so I don't bother to gripe about it if I look at it from this point of view...I could be wrong, but IMO.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Maybe you should try using a headset in noisy environments. The Palm Ultralight Bluetooth Headset has some noise cancelling features, but it's a tad expensive.

Joe
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the reply do you know of any adjustment on the microphone?
    Quote Originally Posted by RHawks
    Thanks for the reply do you know of any adjustment on the microphone?
    There may be other ways but one way I know of is using VolumeCare which seems to have helped some users. I tried the mic controls on it and the other parties didn't notice much difference. Actually, I feel much the same as KStewart, I would rather have it a bit on the sensitive side. You and I are not the only ones who have experienced this, if you search you will find others.
    I am new to the treo and on my third 700p in a week has anybody else had trouble with the microphone in a noisy place. Such as an airport or restaurant
    I have people tell me the back ground noise is so loud they cant hear me.
    Any control on the senativity of the microphone? Thanks for your help
    Try VolumeCare. I had the same problem with my wife, as she always used the speaker phone function on her 700p. After making an adjustment to the MIC level, the noisy backgroud pick-up was reall reduced. You can download or SMS download it from: http://www.gotreosoftware.com/products/
  8.    #8  
    Thanks for the suggestion I will give it a try
    Thanks for the suggestion I will give it a try
    Let me know if it works for you. FYI...I only needed to make a minor adjustment to make a noticable difference
    All,

You can also make MIC changes *during* a phone call with the key sequence Option 5-way UP/DOWN. Meaning press and hold the Option key and then press either the 5-way navigation UP or DOWN key. Doing this while you are on a phone call will raise or lower the MIC sensitivity for the duration of this particular phone call. The next phone call will again follow the MIC setting you have configured in VolumeCare.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    All,

You can also make MIC changes *during* a phone call with the key sequence Option 5-way UP/DOWN. Meaning press and hold the Option key and then press either the 5-way navigation UP or DOWN key. Doing this while you are on a phone call will raise or lower the MIC sensitivity for the duration of this particular phone call. The next phone call will again follow the MIC setting you have configured in VolumeCare.

Jeff
    Ok...I'm a noob, which it the "option" key?..
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD
    Ok...I'm a noob, which it the "option" key?..
    The one under the "A"
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    The one under the "A"
    Good Luck
    Ohhhh...thanks.
  14.    #14  
    Thanks guys I will give this a try. I did download voulmecare but have not had a chance to experiment with it yet thanks for your help I will let you know