1.    #1  
    All,
    As per my posts in the 700P forum, I upgraded to the 700P the day it came out--God help me! I sold/gave away my old 650 to one of my residents at the hospital. PDA part works great, but here's the problem...she took it to sprint and had it activated, then "restored" all my programs from the memory card I included c it. Now the phone can't get on the web--no blazer functionality. She can make/receive calls, use all the PDA apps, but no blazer. What's going on? Some problem c my old blazer prefs that are being "restored" to the phone? If she hard resets, it can access the web, but as soon as she restores all my stuff from the card, no web access. Any thoughts/help would be most appreciated.
    thanks,
    Doug
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Silly question, but why would she restore all your stuff?

As a wild guess, I'd say that some of your Blazer settings (HA and/or NGG addresses, maybe) aren't valid for her home area. I'm guessing she doesn't live very close to you? Does e-mail work?

Anyway, I won't touch on the potential piracy issues around restoring all your old software (assuming you're using any of that stuff on the 700p), but any decent backup app has an option to selectively restore only certain files. If she absolutely must restore some of your old stuff, I suggest using that option to restore only the apps/files she needs, and leave all the built-in apps (phone, SMS, VersaMail, Blazer, etc.) well enough alone.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    I would suggest she install each app via hotsync that you sold her with your phone.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  4.    #4  
    All,
    Thanks for the advice. The programs are all "free" medical programs like Hopkins Abx Guide, Epocrates, etc. or are programs that I purchased for our residency program--InfoPOEMS, Prescriber's Letter, etc. No piracy, just ensuring my residents provide good medical care. I was simply trying to save her time from having to do just that--install each program individually. I routinely set up the Palms for our faculty and residents so have much experience there, but not c selling my own devices off--1st time. I will tell her to do a hard reset and then have her do a "selective" restore of just the most useful medical apps and see if Blazer works then.
    thanks again,
    D
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    first go to prefs then network see if you have a PCS Vision Copy as a service if so delete all of them you should only have 2 network connections sprint provisioning and PCS Vision

she may need to hard reset then call sprint to do a restore which wipes the phone , data and EVERYTHING else back to like it came out of the box then reprogram the phone and update vision profile after that she can only do a selective restore of proggys only then recreate a backup profile of her own
    Are you sure she included PCS vision with her plan options?
    Yep, if she restore it using your settings and those setting are no longer valid, then there can be a problem. I did something like that when I placed my 650 card in the 600...what a mess until I realized what I had done.

Ben
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyDoc
    All,
    Thanks for the advice. The programs are all "free" medical programs like Hopkins Abx Guide, Epocrates, etc. or are programs that I purchased for our residency program--InfoPOEMS, Prescriber's Letter, etc. No piracy, just ensuring my residents provide good medical care. I was simply trying to save her time from having to do just that--install each program individually. I routinely set up the Palms for our faculty and residents so have much experience there, but not c selling my own devices off--1st time. I will tell her to do a hard reset and then have her do a "selective" restore of just the most useful medical apps and see if Blazer works then.
    thanks again,
    D
    Just wanted to touch on the copyright issue; didn't mean to imply you were pirating. Good luck getting the 650 set up correctly!
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster