1.    #1  
    HAS ANYONE FIGURED OUT A WAY TO SOLVE THIS???

Pocket Tunes (at least by default) is displaying the following two songs, even though I never put them on my Treo:

Artist Album Song Duration

Mood Rotation Getting Started Getting Started 0:31

Moodlex Moodlex Sessions Original 0:30

After searching my entire SD card to no avail, I tried to delete the files (using both PT and Real), but they would not delete. I then did some Googling, and also used FileZ on my Treo, and discovered that these two songs are .MP3's burned into the Treo ROM <<outside links removed by moderator>> and look with FileZ for GettingStarted.mp3 and Original.mp3).

I'm sure that tons of people have asked this, but, as having these entries in PT is a real annoyance (because they take up valuable Palm screen "real estate" and therefore make it harder to navigate to the albums and songs that I listen to), how do I either:

A. Delete the files, if possible (as they seem to be in ROM, can this be done?), and can this be done safely?

B. Instruct PT not to create listing for them in PT (i.e., to ignore them, either specifically, on a file-by-file basis, or not to search the ROM for .MP3's)?

C. And/or will the problem be solved if I use FileZ to turn of the "stream" attribute for each of the two .MP3's, and would doing so be safe?

Thank you for the answer/solution or other workaround to this small but annoying/pesky problem.

BTW, if there is no way to accomplish this in the current version of PT Deluxe, I have asked PT to please issue an interim slipstream release that will solve the problem (by, e.g., having a switch that will instruct PT to not search and list songs in ROM).

Regards,
    Evan Katz
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/07/2013 at 02:19 PM.
    Bump. I'm having this issue to and I wish there was a solution. I keep listening to Pocket Tunes and then a song comes on and I'm like which song is this.

Then I realize it's the stupid songs burnt into the rom.

Who thought this one up. Even on Windows Mobile, the sample songs are removable. Maybe we should all submit bug reports to ptunes hoping they will provide a workaround in the preferences to ignore a specific song or two.
    I think the only solution (aside from hacking the ROM) is to make a playlist lacking those "songs".
    Yeah, it's too bad I can't select one folder as my music folder and only play the music from that folder.
    Why can't you do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by 155
    Yeah, it's too bad I can't select one folder as my music folder and only play the music from that folder.
    yes you can, i have a couple of favorites folders that i also use as playlists, no problem here.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    I don't think there is a way to automatically set a folder to a playlist.

The big objection to the playlist method is that it is annoying. I have a 4gb sd card and I would have to constantly rewrite the playlist everytime I add songs. One day I'd be in a hurry and forget and I wouldn't be hearing the songs I added. It would be nicer to be able to set ptunes to avoid the songs or allow the user to delete the songs.

It's not the end of the world. I still love my 700p. It's just annoying that they set it up so we can't delete these two non-essential files.
    i just got used to it. it takes 1 second to skip past the song. plus i have a bunch of songs on rotation. I dont even hear those two very often anymore. when I do, i Just hit next
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
    I found a simple solution that worked for me and should work for most people who store their music on an sd card.

Click on the music notes icon or the menu button and goto the actions menu and select open. Now instead of doing what you usually do, tap in the upper right hand corner where it says "All", where it drops down palm categories in any other program. You'll have the option of selecting either internal memory or the sd card. My SD Card was "unnamed card". Now you should be able to navigate your sd card, select a folder and then hit select all button.

I'm not sure if this will work if you store your music in different folders though. You may have to store all your music in one folder, which I do anyways. The menus under All are nicer with All Content, Artist, Album, Genre and Playlists, while this just lets you navigate to a folder, but it works for me. That all I was looking for
    Quote Originally Posted by 155 View Post
    I found a simple solution that worked for me and should work for most people who store their music on an sd card.

Click on the music notes icon or the menu button and goto the actions menu and select open. Now instead of doing what you usually do, tap in the upper right hand corner where it says "All", where it drops down palm categories in any other program. You'll have the option of selecting either internal memory or the sd card. My SD Card was "unnamed card". Now you should be able to navigate your sd card, select a folder and then hit select all button.

I'm not sure if this will work if you store your music in different folders though. You may have to store all your music in one folder, which I do anyways. The menus under All are nicer with All Content, Artist, Album, Genre and Playlists, while this just lets you navigate to a folder, but it works for me. That all I was looking for
    I am quite sure that everyone has gone to different phones by this time but I DID find a solution. Open Ptunes. go to OPEN go to the song that you have (original or getting started) and then select it. Press the delete button. Ptunes will tell you cant delete it but will HIDE it. do this for the other song and you should be good to go.

Let me know if this helps anyone at all.
    I am quite sure that everyone has gone to different phones by this time but I DID find a solution. Open Ptunes. go to OPEN go to the song that you have (original or getting started) and then select it. Press the delete button. Ptunes will tell you cant delete it but will HIDE it. do this for the other song and you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanKatz View Post
    HAS ANYONE FIGURED OUT A WAY TO SOLVE THIS???

Pocket Tunes (at least by default) is displaying the following two songs, even though I never put them on my Treo:

Artist Album Song Duration

Mood Rotation Getting Started Getting Started 0:31

Moodlex Moodlex Sessions Original 0:30

After searching my entire SD card to no avail, I tried to delete the files (using both PT and Real), but they would not delete. I then did some Googling, and also used FileZ on my Treo, and discovered that these two songs are .MP3's burned into the Treo ROM <<outside links removed by moderator>> and look with FileZ for GettingStarted.mp3 and Original.mp3).

I'm sure that tons of people have asked this, but, as having these entries in PT is a real annoyance (because they take up valuable Palm screen "real estate" and therefore make it harder to navigate to the albums and songs that I listen to), how do I either:

A. Delete the files, if possible (as they seem to be in ROM, can this be done?), and can this be done safely?

B. Instruct PT not to create listing for them in PT (i.e., to ignore them, either specifically, on a file-by-file basis, or not to search the ROM for .MP3's)?

C. And/or will the problem be solved if I use FileZ to turn of the "stream" attribute for each of the two .MP3's, and would doing so be safe?

Thank you for the answer/solution or other workaround to this small but annoying/pesky problem.

BTW, if there is no way to accomplish this in the current version of PT Deluxe, I have asked PT to please issue an interim slipstream release that will solve the problem (by, e.g., having a switch that will instruct PT to not search and list songs in ROM).

Regards,
    Evan Katz

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 04/07/2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: links to outside sites removed