1.    #1  
    I just got my 700p. Rather than let Palm Desktop "migrate" my apps and settings from my 650 to the 700p, I'm doing it manually so to have my 700p in a "clean" slate.

I migrated my contacts by exporting them from my 650 profile in Palm Desktop, then re-importing them under my 700p profile. This works except the pictures I had assigned to many contacts are not showing up.

How do I get my pictures back? Should I try installing the pdb directly (e.g. copy whatever the address.pdb file is from my 650 profile to the 700 profile, and set the conduit to overwrite Palm)?
    the pictures reside in the following directory:

program files/palm/profile name/photos

you need to move these from the old 650 profile to the new 700p profile. After doing this you might have to reassign them.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Beaming individual contacts and/or categories of contacts will transfer the pictures.
    that could take forever....
    The pictures aren't all that big are they?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Actually, I beamed all of my contacts in a matter of seconds...no pictures though
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brvheart
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Beaming individual contacts and/or categories of contacts will transfer the pictures.
    that could take forever....
    I've recently beamed my Business category with ~200 contacts, four of which have pictures, in about 10-15 seconds. Done that three times in the past few days.