Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I am trying to figure out what is going on with my internal memory. Out of 23.7 MB available to me, all, but 536k is left! When I look at the size of all of my files they don't add up to over 23MB! When I did my last sync I had over 5MB free and added two small jpg's that add up to 48k. Yet the sync took up 5mb! What is going on here? I would love to move all of my apps to the external card as I have pleny of room there, but I have then found that I can't access those files by using my favorites screen and buttons. Also I have discovered that my apps on internal memory can't seem to access needed files that I put on the external card. I tried using the progam FileZ to see what files where there and it listed a bunch of files that I have no idea what they are so I don't dare touch them.

Anyone have any suggestions? My phone is not liking that I have so little memory left and I need to do something. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Okay I did discover where the 5mb disappeared to. For some reason one of my mp3's got copied to RAM. I don't know why or how this happened, but it did. So I deleted it and now have about 5mb of space left and my phone is no longer protesting.
    1. Grab the DataViz tech tool and move Docs2Go to the card. Note if you crash or leave a file open when closing, you will drop a copy back in main memory so occassionally re-use the move to card function.

2. Grab PowerRUN and start moiving programs to the SD card. rememebr anythiung that you expect to do things w/o you launching program (ringtones, push, alarms, etc) must stay in main memory area.
    Get a 700p
    lol, that seems to be a very expensive way to get back a little RAM... If you have Docs2Go, their tool frees up a few megs. Also, if you want something instead of Powerrun, try out ZLauncher. It moves programs to the card easily and does a whole lot more...
    I second both suggestions for the Dataviz Tech Tool to move D2G to the card and zLauncher for moving/running apps from the card. zLauncher is very stable and very powerful. I run Agendus Pro from the card and it works very well. Only downside is no alarms, etc. when you move it to the card. zLauncher lets you move things back to RAM very easily, though.

I'd also recommend getting two apps: Uninstaller and Cleanup from www.northglide.com. Uninstaller removes apps and all related files and Cleanup can tell you which orphan files can be safely deleted. Uninstaller works best if it's installed before any other apps because it monitors the installation.

If you try out and delete a lot of apps on the Treo, a lot of orphan files can be left behind and take up RAM.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    Quote Originally Posted by bheuss
    I second both suggestions for the Dataviz Tech Tool to move D2G to the card and zLauncher for moving/running apps from the card. zLauncher is very stable and very powerful. I run Agendus Pro from the card and it works very well. Only downside is no alarms, etc. when you move it to the card. zLauncher lets you move things back to RAM very easily, though.

I'd also recommend getting two apps: Uninstaller and Cleanup from www.northglide.com. Uninstaller removes apps and all related files and Cleanup can tell you which orphan files can be safely deleted. Uninstaller works best if it's installed before any other apps because it monitors the installation.

If you try out and delete a lot of apps on the Treo, a lot of orphan files can be left behind and take up RAM.
    Will Uninstall Manager delete items in ROM?

opers13
    No, it will not. Another thing you can do is monitor the db cache - MemoryInfo let you clear it. Ben