1.    #1  
    I've been searching around online, and have only found metro applications.

I'm looking for a high res (or at least a clear image) of the subway system in manhattan. Kind of similiar to the little plastic wallet cards you can get with the metro lines on it, but to keep digitially on my treo. I've tried taking a picture of the wallet one, and of bigger ones, but that doesn't work too well

If anyone has seen one, or can possibly provide one, would be greatly appreciated!

TIA
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scavynger
    I've been searching around online, and have only found metro applications.

I'm looking for a high res (or at least a clear image) of the subway system in manhattan. Kind of similiar to the little plastic wallet cards you can get with the metro lines on it, but to keep digitially on my treo. I've tried taking a picture of the wallet one, and of bigger ones, but that doesn't work too well

If anyone has seen one, or can possibly provide one, would be greatly appreciated!

TIA
    here are some great maps - actually made for the ipod, but should look fine on the treo:

isubwaymaps
    thanks, tripm - I downloaded the maps, but installer says I don't have an application to handle the files.
    Check this thread out and an app that I use (and posted there, #65)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ghlight=subway
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Or you can view the link below in Blazer's wide mode. If you don't feel like waiting for it to load each time, just save the page.

http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/maps/submap.htm
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    Try this. I think it is excellent.

http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Tr...OS-12736.shtml

Not only can you see the subway system, but you can "plan a trip" also.

Note: I have an older version that was on my clie, and it WORKS fine on the 700p.... but this one is probably better..
    As an added bonus it includes NYC streets, NJ/NY Transit lines, and NY (MTA).
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC VZ guy
    thanks, tripm - I downloaded the maps, but installer says I don't have an application to handle the files.
    ah, sorry! I just use the missing sync for mac and it converts all my photos for me...
  8.    #8  
    thansk for the responses..the simple prc that was supplied worked perfectly, better than what i was looking for!

figured i'd give it one more shot on something similiar. Anyone seen a .prc or high quality image that contains the actualy street maps of the city? kidn of the same as the subways, but wtih teh actual streets and avenues listed...

and even better, one that has the streets and avenues, and also has an icon for subway access Would be very happy with just the streets though!

woudl also consider buying an app that had all this, if someone has a rec.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    thansk for the responses..the simple prc that was supplied worked perfectly, better than what i was looking for!

figured i'd give it one more shot on something similiar. Anyone seen a .prc or high quality image that contains the actualy street maps of the city? kidn of the same as the subways, but wtih teh actual streets and avenues listed...

and even better, one that has the streets and avenues, and also has an icon for subway access Would be very happy with just the streets though!

woudl also consider buying an app that had all this, if someone has a rec.

earthcomber is pretty cool and even works with or without a gps unit
    I use Tube 2, it's very good. Interactive maps, plan a trip, street maps too

http://www.visualit.co.uk/PocketPC/Tube2_nyc.htm
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    I use Tube 2, it's very good. Interactive maps, plan a trip, street maps too
    I second that. I've used Tube for years, mostly in Europe. Tube 2 is even better...

Barry
    Psion Organiser II > Apple Newton > Palm III > Palm V > Tungsten T > Tungsten T3 > Treo 650
  12.    #12  
    thanks for the information. downloaded tube2, and it's great, just what i was looking for. will definitely purchase it
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    thanks for the information. downloaded tube2, and it's great, just what i was looking for. will definitely purchase it
    try these two images, i use em all the time
    Attached Images Attached Images