1.    #1  
    usually I catch up to some or most , if not all, of the new stuff in the discussion area before I leave the PC for the day. Recently I haven't been able to, and I miss it :-(

My question ... how do I get the new discussion topics onto my Visor for disconnected reading while 'putting in time' ??

I subscribe to AvantGo which gets me VC news and reviews etc but discussion information is conspicuous by its absence. Am I missing the obvious ?
    You need: Customized Avantgo Channel =)
    what i did was make the link "View new posts" a customized Avantgo channel, although it look pretty messy, but you get to see what you've missed (or did you miss it? ) in the discussion. Oh well...
    There are dozens of boards that use vBulletin software and they are usually very good. What Jelsoft needs to do is create two copies of each page, one a pared-down/web-clipped/stripped/etc version. Perhaps it can even be done through a CGI script? Then we could have an Avango channel that actually allows message reading and response. And so could the other boards I go to. (FWIW: www.honda-acura.net www.vwvortex.com)