1.    #1  
    I am now on my third sprint 700p
    the problem is with the headset jack
    the first one i plugged in my standart headset and after about
    two weeks people couldn't hear me when i talked
    the same headset works fine on my other phones.
    my second phone i have had for seceral weeks everything working fine
    again out of nowhere i plugged in the ear piece and people had trouble hearing me
    so i removed th ehead set and than the phone speaker for the ear did not work. I brought it top sprint and the tech looked at it and than replaced it.
    I feel the headset jack is defective and can be easily broken by inserting an earpice. Any one else have this kind of problem. Maybe i should by a different ear piece although why would it work fine for several weeks and also work fine with my other sprint phone?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    Welcome!

Please search before starting a new thread. Yes, this is a known problem on 650s, and reports are popping up about the same problem with the 700. A quick search for "headset jack" in the 700p forum reveals the following:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=headset+jack
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
  3.    #3  
    a phone this exspensive should have a headphone jack that works
    i have sprint's insurance so i can just keep bringing them back
    how come all the cheapey 100$ phones i have previously bought never have had this problem? doesn't look good for palm's future! I understand how a problem like this can occur in the first version but the 650 had the same problem? I don't like using blue tooth headsets so that should not be the answer.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    The Treo isn't just a phone, as I'm sure you know. The more stuff you pack into a phone, the more possiblities for problems. That's not an excuse, but there are others that love our Treos.

Joe
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    if you bring it back in to replace/fix it under the insurance, don't they give a refurbished one?
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    The Treo isn't just a phone, as I'm sure you know. The more stuff you pack into a phone, the more possiblities for problems. That's not an excuse, but there are others that love our Treos.

Joe
    Yea, but "packing in" a working headset jack shouldn't be such a problem. I could understand it if we were talking about the keyboard failing or the memory being bad, but something as simple and as common as a headset jack shouldn't be such a problem.
    I think the headset jack on the 700P is much improved over the 650. I have not used it much though...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  8.    #8  
    they have given me a new phone three times non refurbished i am afraid to use the headphone jack on this new one i am sure it will break after a few uses. The headphone jack is a must since almost all states have laws that you can only use a ear piece when driving with a cellular phone. I feel blue tooth is a pain in the $*% you have to remember to keep your earpiece charged ect.
  9.    #9  
    never tried using the headset that came with the treo is there a difference?
    I have been using a platonics i thought the jack is universal?
    the headset that comes wiht the Sprint Treo 700p works great. The audio quality is not so hot though...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  11. nsm
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez View Post
    I think the headset jack on the 700P is much improved over the 650. I have not used it much though...
    What do you mean "I think?" Congrats on Cal Poly (me too, years back) but, "I think" tells us absolutely nothing.

Perhaps you could bust into the schematic like you did last time and give us a delightfully detailed factual account of the pros and cons of the headset jack.

By the way, in 1 month, how many people visit your site to fix their 650's?