Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 55
  1.    #1  
    My 700p has been flagged for an update for weeks. Every day I press *2 and check to see if the update works. Today, it finally worked! PRL now is 20222. FYI, I'm in Denver.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
  2. sjjones's Avatar
    Posts
    757 Posts
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    #2  
    I had given up, Mine is updating now!

    Thanks for the heads up
  3. crownzeal's Avatar
    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #3  
    Mine finally just updated - Minneapolis. Thanks for the heads up!
    Last edited by crownzeal; 07/06/2006 at 12:57 PM.
  4. #4  
    Sweet! It's about bloody time! Thanks for the heads up.
  5. #5  
    Denver here also...updated!
  6. #6  
    I'm in Denver too -- but no update! Can I force it or initiate it somehow?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTreo
    I'm in Denver too -- but no update! Can I force it or initiate it somehow?
    I had gotten my phone flagged for update a couple of weeks ago, but like the original poster, the update was not happening until today. You may need to get your phone flagged also. There is a thread here that explains how to do that, but I'm too lazy to look it up
  8. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ALooneyGuy
    I had gotten my phone flagged for update a couple of weeks ago, but like the original poster, the update was not happening until today.
    Same here in Southern CA.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Same here in Southern CA.
    Ditto here in Boston.
  10. king's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    #10  
    Got it (finally) in San Antonio
  11. migs's Avatar
    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    #11  
    Wow this is wierd? Mine is updating also. I had asked for it a week ago and it never worked. I wonder why they deciede to do everyones now? PRL 20222

    Im in San Diego
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    Wow this is wierd? Mine is updating also. I had asked for it a week ago and it never worked. I wonder why they deciede to do everyones now? PRL 20222

    Im in San Diego
    They didn't decide to. There were problems with over the air updates and EVDO phones. It appears SPCS has fixed this problem!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
  13. #13  
    Just got it too - also in Denver...
  14. #14  
    How do you know you have an update or where do you find the update.Thanks
  15. donnyb's Avatar
    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    #15  
    The update work for me in California.
    --Don
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfos22
    How do you know you have an update or where do you find the update.Thanks
    Dial *2 on your phone. If you are flagged for an update, it will tell you that your phone requires an update. It will take about 60 seconds and will tell you that the update is complete. Hang-up. Then from the phone app, check Menu --> Phone Info. Your PRL Rev: will be "20222."
  17. #17  
    I know this is a newbie question, but I'm a treo newbie.What does this update actually updates.My PRL says PRL REV:20221.I did what you said and my phone turned off then back on NO updates here yet.I'm in Dallas,TX
  18. aixguru's Avatar
    Posts
    195 Posts
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    #18  
    Update worked today here in Clearwater, Florida.
  19. #19  
    Updated here in NJ.
  20. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfos22
    I know this is a newbie question, but I'm a treo newbie.What does this update actually updates.My PRL says PRL REV:20221.I did what you said and my phone turned off then back on NO updates here yet.I'm in Dallas,TX
    PRL update stands for Prefered Roaming List. I believe on EVDO phones it also updates the list of EVDO in which the phone may communicate with.

    You will have to call *2 (if you are with sprint) and ask that your phone be flagged for a PRL update. Then later, you will call *2 again, and then be promted to hold while the phone updates. Once the update is complete then you can go into menu and check your PRL to see if the update took.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions