1.    #1  
    I got my new Treo 1 week ago, it was replaced after 1 day as it didn't recognize any SIM cards... now, 1 week later, it tells me (with 55% battery) that there was not enough energy to turn on the phone?

Has anybody ever encountered this?

Thanks,
    Peter
    Strange, I've been able to make calls with the battery below 50%. The 600 I used to have did do this but only when the the battery was nearly depleted. I'd try testing it with another battery and if the problem persists, you may have a defective Treo. Good luck.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, Alzi.
    yeah, that's really strange... I like to cycle my batteries every so often and take them down quite low and never gotten that message... I know I've taken my batt down to at least 35% w/ no probs...
  5.    #5  
    That's usefull information, rkub, thanks.

I think it's broken - again... yeah well, I saw it coming, yet I thought I needed a challenge...
    Yeah I've made calls even when my battery was at 5%. Sounds strange to me too. All I get is a message saying that the battery is low and needs to be charged.
    I have gotten that error before with plenty of battery. You should be able to make calls all the way up until your phone shuts off.

When I got the error I just cycled power and all was well.
  8.    #8  
    @sam-i-am: even after a hard reset, it's not possible to turn it on again, only if I take out the battery and put it in again - but then again, it would crash a couple of mins after I activate the phone....

Yeah well.
    Sounds like you need a new phone.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    If its not the battery, it has to be the phone!
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    i've not had problems with this phone, i rarely charge it if it has more than 15% battery left, but i've had laptops that would register that i had 55% left or so and die within seconds. with those i'd just remove the battery and put it back in and charge it until i was sure it was charged all the way and if it didn't have bad cells it would usually cure it. but that doesn't rule out bad hardware either.
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it