1.    #1  
    Install Volume Care and PDANet . First one will increase volume - second one will allow you to connect PC to Treo and get computer online anywhere there is treo signal. Use the proxy connect(in PDANet) to bypass the usual dialup connection.
    Install Backupman and get a 1gig SD card and backup everything to the card.
    Consider an extended battery (seido.com) or palm backup battery
    Consider using a portable, collapsable Palm wireless keyboard.
    Do soft resets after installing apps ( its like a computer restart).
    Do you use the extended battery? I am trying to purchase one, but it's not in stock. How does it work? Much difference in battery life?
    seidio extended battery works WONDERS! - i highly recommend it.
    Try buying it from seidioonline.com. They say it is in stock but the treocentral store says out of stock.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    www.mytreo.net has the battery on sale cheap right now.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_arm
    Do you use the extended battery? I am trying to purchase one, but it's not in stock. How does it work? Much difference in battery life?

I received my extended battery on Thursday (purchased through the TreoCentral Store) and have to say that I am THRILLED with the difference it makes.

I charged it overnight and then at ~6 AM connected to the EVDO network and IM using Mundu. I had Snappermail set to check email every 20 minutes from 7 AM until 5 PM. I had BT disabled except for about 2 hours (my drive to and from work) and had Beam receive disabled. A few times during the day for periods of a few minutes each I was dropped to 1x but was on EVDO most of the time.
    I made a couple of short (about 5-10 minutes each) calls. Sent and received several text messages and IMs and played games for probably about an hour (I am convinced that TextTwist is a tool of our enemies to destroy productivity). I backed up my device once using backup buddy. Surfed the web a little (sports scores and weather in the evening) I left Mundu connected until I went to bed at about 2 AM and had about 20% battery life left.

By way of comparison, with the stock battery and similar activity I regularly had to charge my phone no later than 8 PM.

In my opinion the 40 bucks for the extended battery is a bargain because it let me accomplish my primary goal: Stay connected to the Internet all day and use the phone under normal circumstances and only have to charge once a day.
    For those of you who have the extended battery, is it a perfect fit? I have one but the cover sticks out a little more than it used to. Just curious.
    yeah it fits perfectly just like the OEM battery with no problems.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    The left side of the one I have seems to be raised compared to the right side making the cover sit awkwardly... Maybe I'll try another one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503

Same, fits perfectly.