1.    #1  
    http://naturalvoices.att.com/demos/

This is a really cool site that let you create a WAV ringtone that is unique.

Simply put in the words you want to hear in the wave file, choose language (English, Spanish...) , choose Male/Female voice and click Go.

I personally like the UK English Female for "You've got mail Mr. (Your Name)"

I have no problem adding the ringtone "You've got a call Mr. XXX." However does anyone know how to use this as the versamail alert?
    Last edited by opq1122; 07/06/2006 at 11:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I haven't tried on my 700p, but this thread provides you with the instructions and file necessary to record your own voice and use it as a ringtone on the 650.
    on the 700 you can use the voice memo app to record your own voice and it gives you the option to use it as a ring tone,
  4.    #4  
    Well this is cooler since there are different voices and languages. However I don't know how to use it as an email alert.
    Quote Originally Posted by opq1122
    I have no problem adding the ringtone "You've got a call Mr. XXX." However does anyone know how to use this as the versamail alert?

Help me. I am able to download the wav file to my Verizon Treo 700p, but when I access the file it only plays it in something called a "Wave Player", which provides no option to "Save to Ringtone". Similarly, when I go into the Sounds menu, under manage I can select existing ringtones but can find no option to search either the device or the SD card for wav files.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    opq1122,

How do you get the waves to play as ringtones? What did you do to convert them?
    I would rather have them converted(compressed)
    Thanks
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb
    opq1122,

How do you get the waves to play as ringtones? What did you do to convert them?
    I would rather have them converted(compressed)
    Thanks
    Convert them to .aac files, discussed at length here. Sprint 700p SUPPORTS AAC RINGTONES NATIVELY!!!

K
  8.    #8  
    First put them on SD Card. Then use RescoExplorer to move them from the card to Ram (ZLauncher Filemanager can't do that, for unknown reason) Run it in RescoExplorer and it should be opened with Voicememo. Then Menu-->Copy to Ringtone.

I also saw somewhere that you can just send it to yourself as an email attachment, use Blazer to download, open and copy to ringtone.
  9.    #9  
    Keefer Lucas: There might be an easier way, but the way I can think of is to use RescoExplorer. It has an Open With feature that allows you to open it with VoiceMemo

Wilsonb: Have you tried choosing a lower encoding sample rate when you create the wave file on the att website
    Last edited by opq1122; 07/06/2006 at 09:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    on the 700 you can use the voice memo app to record your own voice and it gives you the option to use it as a ring tone,
    When I got my Mom's last phone to set it up for her, I put a custom ring tone for my calls to her. It said, in my voice, "MOM! IT'S ME MOM! PICK UP THE PHONE!".

She actually somehow thought I was overriding the phone and could literally say anything (she didn't notice it was the same thing every time). I didn't think it was working since she never said anything about it but then one day she said it was embarrassing and could I just wait for her to pick up the phone before I started yelling at her. ROTFL!!!!

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas
    Help me. I am able to download the wav file to my Verizon Treo 700p, but when I access the file it only plays it in something called a "Wave Player", which provides no option to "Save to Ringtone". Similarly, when I go into the Sounds menu, under manage I can select existing ringtones but can find no option to search either the device or the SD card for wav files.
    Here is how I got the wav to show up as a ringtone. I use versamail, so I emailed it to myself as an attachment. In versamail, I clicked on the icon next to the name of the attachment and chose the "Select Viewer..." option. Then, for "Viewer:" I chose "Sounds". Then, just click the attachment and it goes into the "Manage Sound" app. Your ringer will now show up there. So far, this seems to work fine. Remember to reset the "Select Viewer..." option in versamail so that you aren't adding every wav you click as a ringtone.

You could also do the AAC process mentioned earlier.

Bill
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I saved the WAV file locally on my PowerBook then bluetoothed it over to the Treo, loaded it into voice memo, converted it to a ringtone. tada. I noticed that if you use voice memo it'll LOOP the ringtone but other methods sometimes only play the file once. I started setting ringtones up with this announcing who is calling, works pretty well.