Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Jimmie Geddes
    Better nate than lever.
    *shrug*

I've not missed Blackberry push e-mail ever since I went to Sprint Business Connection on the palm.
    The Timeline:

Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm IIIse -> Palm IIIc -> Qualcomm QCP-6035 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 300 -> Sony CLIE NZ-90 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 -> Palm T|X -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 7130e -> Treo 700p -> Blackberry 8703e -> Treo 750
  4.    #4  
    I use chatter so I already get push email. I just figure this would be big news for all those versamail people.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Would having Blackberry COnnect on your Treo make you have to manually connect and disconnect from the Blackerry service to connect and get on the internet with Blazer? This is what happened with PPC phones with Blackberry software on there.
    You know, I was pretty happy with my BB but ever since using GoodLink with my Treo, I think I'm pretty happy with that service.
    hmmm... I bet for the 650 only though.
    All I know is I Don't want to pay the stupid 40 per month to have push email
    I can't beleave companies and people pay this crazy fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    hmmm... I bet for the 650 only though.
    Palm's website does indeed state that it is for the 650 only.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    $40 per month? I wouldn't pay $5.
    $5??? I'd jump all over it if it was $5 bucks/mo

-now $40...thats just too much
    For $5 a month I will hit the "get e-mail" button on the 2 days per month I won't be in the office at all that day.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    For $5 a month I will hit the "get e-mail" button on the 2 days per month I won't be in the office at all that day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I use chatter so I already get push email. I just figure this would be big news for all those versamail people.
    2nd. It's very nice!
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby
    All I know is I Don't want to pay the stupid 40 per month to have push email
    I can't beleave companies and people pay this crazy fee.
    I agree, but then again the majority of people that pay for this fee are businesses. If BB was completely reliant on consumers for their service, it'd be MUCH cheaper.

Joe
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I wonder if this is the "major Treo 650 update" that was rumored a while back?
    Based on what I learned and posted last month, if a CDMA carrier is going to deploy this month, it will be Verizon, and will be 650 only. Sprint never completed testing for 650 or even started testing for 700 series.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    You know, I used to be all for the Blackberry software on the Palm, but since I used Chatter mail - It doesn't even matter.

BAH to that.
  19. JJL
    Where did you get the $40 per month price? Is that a Verizon thing?
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JJL
    Where did you get the $40 per month price? Is that a Verizon thing?
    It wouldn't suprise me if that's what cingular charges for this. But I'm pretty sure that $40 includes unlimited "PDA" data as well. It's not an additional fee for email on top of the data service.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast