Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What's the big deal about this "push" mail thing? Is it that difficult to just hit "get email" every once in a while when you want to check your email? It would seem that the latter would be far easier on your battery as well... I can see it now, this BB software comes out and then everybody starts complaining about poor battery performance LOL.

Chatter has lovely IMAP push and also has a feature called "Efficient Sync" which minimizes impact on battery life. Seems like the best of both worlds.
    Say you have 20 users
    BlackBerry Enterprise Server Software v4.1 for Microsoft Exchange
    Includes 20 user licenses $3,999/server
    NOT INCLUDING SUPPORT
    on top of the you need to purchase a blackberry device and the service for that device
    I know we were paying 40 per month for each device
    now with the treo I'm not sure if the cell phone companys are going to charge a blackberry service fee
    I do know that one day I did call goodlink and they told me that with sprint I would be charged 20 per month to use goodlink service
    I don't get it of your on the internet why you would need to pay for service
    its a rip off..
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    no way that they would deploy a new service like this on the 650 - they don't even sell it anymore -

Karl
    I still need a solution for a 700P --- I'm back to lugging two devices (BB & 700P)

I still hold out hope
    What is the latest rumor on BB Connect? This is quite silly that we continue to get bad information again and again!
    Bo
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    The firsst "later this year" press release was 1.5 years off.

By the RIM/Palm math, later this month might actually mean it is released this year.

You can get it now, anyway.
    pabo, has someone figured out how to get it to work on the 700p? I spent the month of June trying to make that happen with no luck, (besides getting really good at hard resets.)
    Bo
    even with bb connect you still need an exchange account and bb enterprise server. this will run a good 20 per month unless your work offers both of these features.
    Any news on this? I was not interested as I have been using Chatter for connecting to my company's web site via Outlook Web Access.

However, they applied some "patches" on 9-15-06 and I haven't been able to connect since.

It looks as if they are using a new certificate now, self generated, and although IE can be set up to trust this certificate and site, sadly Palm OS5 can't.

So, I get the endless login, connect, login, connect, forever. Marc has told me there's no hope of Chatter working with the server using the SSL certificate they are using now.

I could really use BB Connect or a Palm OS 5 program to trust certificates / sites.

In doing research it looks as if Palm OS COBALT?? will have a feature / program to do this.

SCO
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spookysco View Post
    So, I get the endless login, connect, login, connect, forever. Marc has told me there's no hope of Chatter working with the server using the SSL certificate they are using now.SCO
    Have your IT department look at the certificate that they are using. I ran into the exact same situation on my home server. In the end, I finally found out that my self generated certificate had expired. Once the certificate had a valid date range, everything worked again. You can always try pulling up the Outlook Web Access site in your browser and click on the gold lock in the bottom right corner to verify if the certificate is still valid.
    I have read about the date issue. I have attached 3 images which show what's happening from my side. It looks as if the dates are OK. Surprisingly, webpro for palm OS, lets you view the certificate details. If I log in via IE this is what I see :

http://www.air-wave.net/ssl1.JPG

http://www.air-wave.net/ssl2.JPG

http://www.air-wave.net/ssl3.JPG

Eventually you can press OK / YES and get to the OWA access via IE, not so with Blazer / Chatter / WebPRO.

Ideas?

If you want to email me offline I can send you the server details if you care to give it a try...
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I am using the IMAP portion of Chatter and not the OWA plug-in. There may be a difference there. Marc gives excellent personal support. If he says, "there's no hope of Chatter working with the server using the SSL certificate they are using now", I would have to defer to his expertise on this matter.

In the "ChatterEmail Preferences", "Connections", do you have "Trust SSL Certificates" checked? From my experiences, as long as the certificate is valid, regardless of where it came from, if this check box is checked it should work in Chatter. As far as OWA in your browser you would need to install the certificate on your local PC to get rid of the "Security Alert" message that you are seeing.
    Yes, trust certificates is, and has been, checked. So, just based on that field alone I would hope it would trust any certificate presented. Unfortunately it looks as if whatever "patches" were applied on 9/15 forever broke my ability to actually accept the certificate in a palm OS device.

Back to no company email on the 700p, nice...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12