1.    #1  
    i have searched the site and no luck
    i just downloaded backupman i have a 1gig card
    the question is if my treo crashes and i need to back it up how do i do that using back up man?
    should backupman be stored on the treo or the sd card?
    right now its on the treo . if the treo needs to be backup and eveything is on the card i know that stuff will go back on but if i got backupman on the treo wont that too be erased it the treo crashes?
    i guess i need some more understanding how this works.
    thanks to all those who gave ne advise on the backupman.
    any other backup programs i need to install?
    i see some people are using 2 and 3 of them on their treo
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    I think you're asking how you'd RESTORE your Treo if it crashes. If that's the question, then the answer is simple:

Backup Man is definitely on your card if you've done a backup. Assuming you've done a hard reset, for example, you simply go to the built-in launcher, run Backup Man from the card, and then select RESTORE. It restores fairly quickly. Very simple!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by longterm
    I think you're asking how you'd RESTORE your Treo if it crashes. If that's the question, then the answer is simple:

Backup Man is definitely on your card if you've done a backup. Assuming you've done a hard reset, for example, you simply go to the built-in launcher, run Backup Man from the card, and then select RESTORE. It restores fairly quickly. Very simple!
    yes that was my question i did a backup using backupman . if i needed to do a restore. so i i go to the sd card and do what? treat me like a novice how do you runsomething from the card?
    sorry if this question sounds simple but i really dont understand this.
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    To restore after a hard reset - go to applications - choose backupman - then restore
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by irabren
    To restore after a hard reset - go to applications - choose backupman - then restore
    so you are saying that since i did a back up to my sd card with backupman it(backupman is now on my sdcad?)
    even thought when i downloaded backupman i saved it to the treo?
    just to know how to do it i went to my appilcation and i dont see anything
    please have patience with me im really trying to get this is dont know how to launch anything .
    i quess after i had to hard reset are you saying that the bcakupman icon will show back up and all i have to do is just touch it?
    backupman is saved to my treo.
    i thought that after you did a hard reset all the third party applications where gone? so wont backupman be gone also?
    Last edited by comedytreogirl; 07/05/2006 at 08:02 PM.
    backupman is installed in the treo - when you backup---everything (including backupman)--- goes to the sd card along with everything you backed up. If treo crashes - everything is on the sd card - so you can use backupman to restore from the SD card - go into applications - all - choose backupman ( it is now on the card ) - choose restore.
    Hope that is clear.
    Another good backup program which has excellent reviews is NV backup 1.12 and its FREE
    Last edited by irabren; 07/05/2006 at 08:13 PM. Reason: include additional info
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl
    if i needed to do a restore. so i i go to the sd card and do what?
    Actually, if you had a hard reset, backupman would prompt you to restore soon as the Treo finished resetting. All you have to do it select Yes.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
  9.    #9  
    thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss now i got it irabren thanks you made it very clear also thanks to kdallen for all the help yesterday. i guess i owe my career to you two .
    do i need any other backup program? or is this it?
    do i need any other backup program? or is this it?
    In my opinion, you're good to go now, especially since youll be on the road. You can backup to your card while on the road and away from your computer and you can restore on the fly if something goes wrong. I'd say you're all set.
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by kdallen
    In my opinion, you're good to go now, especially since youll be on the road. You can backup to your card while on the road and away from your computer and you can restore on the fly if something goes wrong. I'd say you're all set.
    thanks again
    do i need uninstaller and neat freak? i dont plan to add that much more software to my treo . im looking to add may be da
    thanks again
    do i need uninstaller and neat freak? i dont plan to add that much more software to my treo . im looking to add may be da
    I'd say no to uninstaller, zlauncher can handle that for you. I believe neat freak's good at cleaning up stray files, .db's an such, and something like that's always a good idea. A clean Treo's a happy Treo, and all that.
    so you are saying that since i did a back up to my sd card with backupman it(backupman is now on my sdcad?)
    Exactly.

In the launcher, at the top, there's a pulldown menu; change it to CARD; you'll then see Backup Man.
    I actually just used BackupMan to restore my 700 and it worked like a charm! Just a note though...I'd save an extra backup on an SD card that is not inside of the Treo. I ended up losing my last 650 and lost not only the data on the Treo, but also my backup which was on an SD card inside the Treo.
    My Palm OS History: US Robotics Palm Pilot 1000 > Palm Vx > Handspring Visor Edge > Palm m505 > Handspring Treo 90 > Handspring Treo 300 > Handspring Treo 600 > PalmOne Treo 650 > Palm Treo 700p > Palm Treo 755p > Palm Centro 690

Other Phones: Sony Z100 > Motorola StarTAC ST7867W > Motorola TimePort P8767 > Sanyo SP6000 > Motorola v50 > Motorola v600 > Nokia 6102i > Blackberry 7290 > Blackberry 8700c
    This backup man program actually is quite a good one - easy to use - now if you have a card reader in your computer - once you have backed up everything to the SD card - copy the SDcard to the computer and put the files in My documents or desktop. Then you will have 2 backups of your data. ( in case SD card becomes corrupt )

Now you can see that when you do a backup with backup man - IT ( with all of your data) - goes to the SD card and now resides there - in case you need to restore after a crash. Its not that hard - now it is clear! -
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by fookie
    I actually just used BackupMan to restore my 700 and it worked like a charm! Just a note though...I'd save an extra backup on an SD card that is not inside of the Treo. I ended up losing my last 650 and lost not only the data on the Treo, but also my backup which was on an SD card inside the Treo.
    That was a question i saw posted on this site "can you back up to another sd card?"
    no one ever answered the question.
    since now i have a spare sd card 512 the one i was using beefore i got this new 1gig i was wondering what to do with it
    can someone tell me how i can back up to a second card?
    i know understand how backupman works thanks yes its clear now
    Take the first card out - put the second card in - open backupman - menu - backup to sd card - then store the card - and put first one back in - good idea to do SOFT reset after all of this - ( equivalent to a re-start of computer )
    You can make as many backups to different cards as you want to.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by irabren
    Take the first card out - put the second card in - open backupman - menu - backup to sd card - then store the card - and put first one back in - good idea to do SOFT reset after all of this - ( equivalent to a re-start of computer )
    You can make as many backups to different cards as you want to.
    Thank you soooo much for your help.
    I love this site and everyone on it.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    This thread might be useful too.