1.    #1  
    So I just installed the newest vers. of callrec. - and everytime I record a phone call - when I stop it - it plays the last thing played by pTunes. (usually my MP3 ring)

just once.. then it stops.. no idea why this is happening.

any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphsutton
    So I just installed the newest vers. of callrec. - and everytime I record a phone call - when I stop it - it plays the last thing played by pTunes. (usually my MP3 ring)

just once.. then it stops.. no idea why this is happening.

any thoughts?
    I've tested the new version also, but no problems at all.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I cannot Get 3.0 to Auto-Record Incoming. Had problems with CallFilter so I Uninstalled and CallRec 3.0 only Records Outgoing Automatically.

Anybody else experience this?
    out-auto worked fine... in-auto didn't. i'd prob buy if it did.
    bump
    ok. how bout 4.0? does it record incoming automatically w/o setting outgoing to do the same?
    Yes, you now have a choice to record all your incoming calls, outgoing calls, or both!

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    ...and a choice to purchase the bugfixes to recently released and purchased version 3 for another 50% of what you just paid.

Churn and burn, baby....
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    thanks reverendR. but are you saying these features work as expected. 3.0 had the same features, but I never could get autorec incoming to work (auto out worked fine). One poster said that if auto-in as well as auto-out was selected it would work. When I had tried that it didn't work for auto-in (only auto-out worked).
    bump
    Your right, I haven't tried that on my 700p, it worked on my 650. I will test this tomorrow & see what happends.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Do these allow you to just turn the record function on during a call or does it have to be before. I wouldn't use it much, but there are not infrequent times I really wish I had recorded a conversation to document what I was told.

...or do you just leave it on and decide to keep or trash it after the call is iver (like pics and video?)
    On a personal note, I'm looking at both callrec and mVoice. Has anyone tested both and come up with a feature comparison that would make you buy one or the other? Thanks for any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffandpamsmith View Post
    Do these allow you to just turn the record function on during a call or does it have to be before. I wouldn't use it much, but there are not infrequent times I really wish I had recorded a conversation to document what I was told.

...or do you just leave it on and decide to keep or trash it after the call is iver (like pics and video?)
    Both, you can start recording at any time. That's how I use it now, whenever I need to save a call, I hit the button(I picked to use)and it starts to record, then when I need to stop, I hit it again.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    There is a comparison of mVoice vs. CallRec on PalmInfocenter here (not most recent versions though).

I own both and, while mVoice has more features, I've uninstalled it in favour of CallRec. The interface to CallRec is just better and the ability to automatically record calls is just exactly what I wanted (works for me flawlessly in version 3.1).

The only thing I'd like to see in CallRec is an easy way to switch output between the earpiece and the speakerphone. The new version 4.0 has added a preference setting for this, but that is just too awkward, IMO. I want to be able to quickly switch between the two modes and a finnicky pulldown buried in a prefence screen just doesn't cut it. Think how easy it is on the Treo to switch a phone call to/from speakerphone. That's what we need for this app, too, for all the same reasons. I've contacted the developer about this but the response was non-committal. I guess I'll wait to see what version 4.1 includes before I decide to upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS View Post
    There is a comparison of mVoice vs. CallRec on PalmInfocenter here (not most recent versions though).

I own both and, while mVoice has more features, I've uninstalled it in favour of CallRec. The interface to CallRec is just better and the ability to automatically record calls is just exactly what I wanted (works for me flawlessly in version 3.1).

The only thing I'd like to see in CallRec is an easy way to switch output between the earpiece and the speakerphone. The new version 4.0 has added a preference setting for this, but that is just too awkward, IMO. I want to be able to quickly switch between the two modes and a finnicky pulldown buried in a prefence screen just doesn't cut it. Think how easy it is on the Treo to switch a phone call to/from speakerphone. That's what we need for this app, too, for all the same reasons. I've contacted the developer about this but the response was non-committal. I guess I'll wait to see what version 4.1 includes before I decide to upgrade.
    Hi Patrick,

Thanks VERY much for such a clear cut comparison and the link as well. I'm always hesitant to add a new program - since I have so many now and still have a stable 650. But, what the heck! That's what RBackup was made for.