Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I went to the Sprint store and I think the kid was on crack. I'm eligible to renew my cellular contract. With all discounts etc....(2 yer contract) I could get the 700p for $499.00 after rebates. What?? He said the $399 offer was for new customers only. I like Sprint...and my actual contract will be up in September (free from any cancellation fees). I may switch services if I can get a better treo 700p deal from Verizon. Anyway....the Treo 650 is on its last leg. My Treo 600 dropped in price after a few months ( I purchased the first Handspring offering). Anybody have any educated info on typical New Treo price drops?
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    CompUSA just had an add Sunday advertising the Treo 700p for $299 with rebates. I already had one, but my dad was wanting to switch from Cingular to Sprint, so we took the add to Sprint and asked if they would honor it, and they did. They were extrememly helpful. So might check into that. Think the price is the same for new subs and upgrades, always has been in the past.
    Drops begin the day they go on sale.....forget the name brand stores and go into an all carrier's store like Joe's Cellular.

1. They can work on carrier against the other
    2. They offer better deals.
    3. The offer shorter conracts
    4. Some give cash for rebate forms
    5. They have higher level Sprint CSR access than you do ... "I have this Clark guy here and he wants to but a Verizon 700p...he said he'd rather stay w/ Sprint but I can sell hima Verizon as a new customer for $299.
    You can get a better deal than $499. Do a search and see the ways some members have been using to get phones even cheaper than the $399 you mentioned.
    My Palm OS History: US Robotics Palm Pilot 1000 > Palm Vx > Handspring Visor Edge > Palm m505 > Handspring Treo 90 > Handspring Treo 300 > Handspring Treo 600 > PalmOne Treo 650 > Palm Treo 700p > Palm Treo 755p > Palm Centro 690

Other Phones: Sony Z100 > Motorola StarTAC ST7867W > Motorola TimePort P8767 > Sanyo SP6000 > Motorola v50 > Motorola v600 > Nokia 6102i > Blackberry 7290 > Blackberry 8700c
    Quote Originally Posted by AberyClark
    I went to the Sprint store and I think the kid was on crack.

No point in baggin' on the kid.... he was giving you factual data. No lies.

-The 700P is a pricey device...
    Don't think about switching just yet, call Sprint and go to retentions, and see what they can get you. You'd be surprised how cheap you can get your 700p for if you play your cards right.
    Ive been a sprint customer for 4 years now. My contract just ended. I called up Retentions told them I can get a Verizon 700p for 299 and asked them to match it. They agreed to do it. They also gave me a $10 per month discount off power vision. So Im paying 40 for 400 minutes, 5 for power vision and 6 for insurance. $51 plus taxes aint too shabby with a $299 treo 700p.

If you talk to retentions and they dont agree to it, just hang up and talk to another rep. Eventually one of them will be nice and give you a similar offer.
    I went to the Sprint store and I think the kid was on crack. I'm eligible to renew my cellular contract. With all discounts etc....(2 yer contract) I could get the 700p for $499.00 after rebates. What?? He said the $399 offer was for new customers only. I like Sprint...and my actual contract will be up in September (free from any cancellation fees). I may switch services if I can get a better treo 700p deal from Verizon. Anyway....the Treo 650 is on its last leg. My Treo 600 dropped in price after a few months ( I purchased the first Handspring offering). Anybody have any educated info on typical New Treo price drops?
    I am an existing customer and I got mine for $399. You need to shop around with different stores and reps...as they know nothing about whats going on. I went to my local Sprint store and told them everything I had comming to me and they agreed. You have to be aggressive and take charge and know more than them which is not hard...if you don't, the drones are programmed to take ya.
    at&t iPhone3G
  9.    #10  
    I'll have to try that. I want to change my entire plan....maybe talking to a rep by phone is the way to go. Do they turn off your current phone when you call or can you activate new phone when it arrives which will turn off old phone. Just curious
    Do they turn off your current phone when you call or can you activate new phone when it arrives which will turn off old phone. Just curious
    I've bought a couple new phones to have activated on my existing plan. Each time, they told me it may take a couple hours for the new phone to come on, which would deactivate the old phone. Each time, it was instantaneous.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'll have to try that. I want to change my entire plan....maybe talking to a rep by phone is the way to go. Do they turn off your current phone when you call or can you activate new phone when it arrives which will turn off old phone. Just curious
    I had a (Sprint) Treo shipped to me with a "temporary phone number" on it. I called Sprint upon receiving it and they moved a Verizon number on one of my phones to my current Sprint phone, and my current Sprint phone number on the phone I had been using to the Treo (replacing the temporary number).

The Verizon number moved to the Sprint phone became active immediately. The Treo didn't start working until the next morning.

Go figure.
    Late '08 MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB HD 7200; Mid 2011 MacBook Air 11" 1.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, 128 GB SSD; 32GB iPhone 4; 32GB WiFi iPad 2 (White); Apple TV; Nikon D300; AND (Hopefully) a 16GB HP Touchpad from the fire sale! TWITTER: @RobT43
    Just another heads up...

CompUSA has the 700p for $299 w/2yr (even though it says a mail in rebate in the ad, their computer will give you the $299 price straight up). But if you don't want to deal with the CompUSA monkeys, Sprint should match it (and did in my case). In fact, I bought the 700p for $299 in store... then switched to the SERO plan the day after!
    Well, I just purchased mine last week, so given my history, the price should be dropping any moment now. :-)

By the way, I went to the Sprint store in Roseville MN and mentioned that COMPUSA was selling them for $600 ($79 less then Sprint). The Sprint rep insisted that that was ONLY with a contract since "retailers only sell Sprint Phones with a plan." He, of course was wrong.
    I think you will find in person contact to work better.....here's my experience:

Name brand carrier store:
    2 year contract
    $399 after rebates
    The $200 in rebates must be filed between 180 and 210 days after purchase
    No goodies
    Choice of 3 phone numbers
    Couldn't put me on existinbg "family plan" as I would not qualify for rebates

All Carriers Store:
    1 year contract
    $325 after rebates
    Got cash in store for signing over my $200 in rebates
    Bag full of goodies
    Choice of hundreds of phone numbers
    Put me on existing family plan by dropping my wife from "main account" to a $9.99 account and adding em as new "main account".
  15.    #16  
    I will try to use the compusa $299 offer when I call Sprint.
    I used the CompUSA (Sprint 700p) deal as my leverage, and it worked beautifully; and I've never called retention before today. I mentioned that I was stuck between either cancelling my current service to get CUSA's $299 deal, which requires a new line of service, or cancelling my current service to get Verizon's $299 deal on Amazon. I haven't seen a $249 price for the 700p on Amazon, and I didn't want to fabricate something so easily verifiable.

Actually, I've called twice today. On the first call, when I told the CSR that I was being wooed by Verizon's pricing, he asked me if I planned to keep my number. When I said "yes," he told me that I would have to first activate service with Verizon for number portability to take effect. That left me with no room to negotiate.

On the second call I added CUSA's current offer, stating that I was inclined to stay with Sprint, but would be forced to cancel my existing (out-of-contract) service, and reactivate it on a new phone number. Having worked at a call center and being sympathetic to CSRs, I went out of my way not to be a hard @ss demanding a free lunch. I simply proposed a no-hard-feelings cancellation request.

I wound up getting a price match on the phone of $299, no price change on my service upgrade to Power Vision, and having the activation fee waived. $10 a month gets me unlimited internet and 100 free text messages, and since I average 18 message a month, it's effectively "unlimited." I don't care about Picture Mail, SprintTV or Sirius. They also upgraded my old Free and Clear plan to Fair and Flexible: evenings start at 7pm instead of 9pm, and free roaming is added.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Sprint sent me a mailer today offering the Treo 700P to all current Sprint customers for $399 with a new 2 yr agreemnt.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    The CompUSA in Austin is offering them for $299 with a 2 year agreement.
    Amazon has had the 700p (Verizon) for $299.99 after rebates (one had to be mailed in). They just changed it a few days ago to where their rebates are instant with a new contact. No more waiting upto 15 weeks.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bosnation0e-20
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast