1.    #1  
    There is no link for support on the Ludus site that I can find. I've tried the forums on the Ludus site - those aren't functioning - no ones posted since May. And I've tried PM'ing the developer - no reply.

Anyone know how I can get support? I am experiencing an error "LudusP - Error 43: database not found", that has no escape except to hard reset.

Hard reseting is not fun.
    Have you tried the Ludus Section here on the forum ?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84
    tyler seems to respond at the above link
    Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Have you tried the Ludus Section here on the forum ?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84
    I agree with Jack! The original thread by EvilJack said "There is no link for support on the Ludus site that I can find.." I find Tyler on his site listed above often. I have no reason why he does not respond to private e-mails to him. I have originated many and have gotten no response. His replies in the forum listed above by Jack are very telegraphic and terse. He keeps promising a repair of the problem EvilJack had but thus far none has materialized. He does offer suggestions as to how to remedy this issue.
    My guess is he's enjoying an extended 4th celebration, as most teenagers are. I'm sure he'll be up and running any time, though I realize that's not much help when you're facing a hard reset.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Quote Originally Posted by kdallen
    My guess is he's enjoying an extended 4th celebration, as most teenagers are. I'm sure he'll be up and running any time, though I realize that's not much help when you're facing a hard reset.
    We had this discussion on a previous thread of nearly the same issue. That resulted in many of us weighing in on what we were doing with our time when we were his age ( how old is he anyway????) There were harsh words shared by those rich $5 paying shareware users not getting their due and then there were the somber words of us old timers about "cutting the kid some slack." All in all, Tyler's application was welcome in the first wave of early adopters of the T700.

Now however, removing Tyler's application is proving as difficult as Angeline getting rid of Billy Bob's name off her arm. Crashes, crashes and hard resets are unforgivable. I hope that Tyler has some business sense no matter how old he is and sees that his software empire will go down the drain as a result of promises of a "new version coming" and "working on that." While $5 is not a lot to pay for software, the lack of $5 X 200,000 users could be a big deal no matter how old you are. I hope that the 4th celebration was worth it, but now it is over. Time to get back to work and to take care of those in need of a repair of their phone.

As I see it EvilJack has only one option and that is a hard reset and a complete reinstall of all software minus the LadusP application. It is painful but such a reset conundrum would cause me to see red and you do not want me to see red.
    only reason i bought LudusP was for the home launcher button.

-Now that ZLauncher has fixed the issue, i cant find any real use for his program. I even asked for a 2Day button fix for LudusP ver 1.6, but still the fix is not out yet.

If I can get a $5 refund, I would gladly wipe the program from my RAM.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Do a warm reset, uninstall, soft reset and reinstall. This worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrCJ
    All in all, Tyler's application was welcome in the first wave of early adopters of the T700.

Now however, removing Tyler's application is proving as difficult as Angeline getting rid of Billy Bob's name off her arm. Crashes, crashes and hard resets are unforgivable..
    Didn't realize how widespread the issues were. I guess I've been lucky. I'm one of the ones that only got it early on for the home mapping and I haven't had any problems that I can attribute to LudusP so far.

Quote Originally Posted by DrCJ
    I hope that Tyler has some business sense no matter how old he is and sees that his software empire will go down the drain as a result of promises of a "new version coming" and "working on that." While $5 is not a lot to pay for software, the lack of $5 X 200,000 users could be a big deal no matter how old you are. I hope that the 4th celebration was worth it, but now it is over. Time to get back to work and to take care of those in need of a repair of their phone.

As I see it EvilJack has only one option and that is a hard reset and a complete reinstall of all software minus the LadusP application. It is painful but such a reset conundrum would cause me to see red and you do not want me to see red.
    I can understand the frustration if it's causing major problems on your Treo, EvilJack. Wasn't trying to make light of them, just offering my 2 cents' worth on why you may not have been able to contact Tyler the last few days.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Hi,

There is support@ludustech.com which is the support email for registered users. I'll try to address the issues serially:

1) i can't reproduce this database error... and i can't get a clear answer from people as to when it happens
    2) i'm sending an email to eviljack to try and resolve this. please note that in NO case does it require a hard reset... at the most, it'll take a warm reset.
    3) to uninstall LudusP, for those trying to, here: Step 1: Disable LudusP and Reset your device. Step 2: Delete LudusP in ZLauncher or the normal Palm launcher, or in FileZ just delete two things (LudusP and sh7f_tblBtns)

4) I'm very sorry, as I've said again and again, about the delay in this fix. You see, the first three or so weeks of development saw MANY fixes as i was trying to get LudusP to a place where people appreciated the fix and saw it as meeting their needs. After v1.6 beta it seemed many people were happy, and I took on a consulting job which has been tying me up.

The MAIN problem with the fix is, as I've mentioned above, that I have nothing to go on in terms of the database error. Hopefully my email to eviljack will clear that up.

For any interested, I'm 16, but I wouldn't attribute delays to my age; at the very least I think I've shown that I can get updates out quickly and coordinate with user requests.

with sincerest regards, tyler
    Quote Originally Posted by LudusAdmin
    Hi,

There is support@ludustech.com which is the support email for registered users. I'll try to address the issues serially:

1) i can't reproduce this database error... and i can't get a clear answer from people as to when it happens
    2) i'm sending an email to eviljack to try and resolve this. please note that in NO case does it require a hard reset... at the most, it'll take a warm reset.
    3) to uninstall LudusP, for those trying to, here: Step 1: Disable LudusP and Reset your device. Step 2: Delete LudusP in ZLauncher or the normal Palm launcher, or in FileZ just delete two things (LudusP and sh7f_tblBtns)

4) I'm very sorry, as I've said again and again, about the delay in this fix. You see, the first three or so weeks of development saw MANY fixes as i was trying to get LudusP to a place where people appreciated the fix and saw it as meeting their needs. After v1.6 beta it seemed many people were happy, and I took on a consulting job which has been tying me up.

The MAIN problem with the fix is, as I've mentioned above, that I have nothing to go on in terms of the database error. Hopefully my email to eviljack will clear that up.

For any interested, I'm 16, but I wouldn't attribute delays to my age; at the very least I think I've shown that I can get updates out quickly and coordinate with user requests.

with sincerest regards, tyler
    Thanks Tyler,

I am glad that you addressed this issue here. I realize that it is impossible to be everywhere at once on your own site, here and other places. I am glad that you replied. I can understand your consulting job taking your time and also the problems with errors not being reproduceable.

Please take what is said here in the light it was said! I think that many people feel you are ignoring them by not responding to their e-mails and that is a valid complaint. May I suggest that you use a filter on your e-mails to direct them to your forum of choice where you CAN get your messages all in one place and without checking the universe of Treo sites and therefore avoiding these issues.

Also look at the ages of those using the Treo 700P in these forums. You are bright and gifted. Many here are also, but there are lots who are not so technically inclined and simply want their program to work. In a moment of frantic resets, they call out for help and none comes! Many here are older professionals and simply do not understand why you did not write them back. They are used to replies in the moment similar to the support that Jeff gives in his Profilecare forums. No one expects this level of support ALL THE TIME, but you must reply in some fashion.

I know you have been active in the developer forums as I have written to you there. Others do not seem to go to that forum often and I, as well as others, have directed them there. Please save yourself such a pounding in e-mails and on these and other forums. Filter your mail to direct others to you and then REPLY in some fashion to them.

Finally, I cannot find any reference to the 1.6 beta ON YOUR WEBSITE. You refer to it often and I got my copy here on these forums. Others seem to not search or be resistant to searching. How could others find this beta from your site alone.

These are just some suggestions from someone who has always tried to be a supporter. Keep up the good developer work but do not forget the good people work that endears other to you like Jeff does in in Profilecare forums. When a new versioin of profilecare comes out he immediately sends out an e-mail from his user database. Everyone knows, no need to search forums and look for a new beta. A long time ago, in my residency, I learned that caring was a part of the cure. Hopefully you will be able to do the same here.

Regards,

Jim
    Hi Jim,

thanks for taking the time to write such a clear response. it is very apprecaited.

First, I respond to every support email with 24 hours. the question here is about my response to Private Messages on this forum... the problem was that i was not getting the TreoCentral notices delivered to my email account. This has been rectified and responses have been sent.

I communicate regularly with Jeff. He's a great guy and most of the time (if you look at the 25-page LudusP thread in the LudusTech forum) I also respond within an hour or two.

v1.6 and now v1.7 are TC-only betas... that's why you can't find them on my website. There are links in the LudusP thread. They will go on my site after they are stable

regards, tyler