Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Would taking the battery off the PDA and inserting the stylus into the reset button cause any damage?
    No, I don't think any kind of reset could damage a Treo, but I'm not an expert so maybe someone else will chime in here.
    garinballbarin
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    In my opinion, pulling the battery and push the reset button are the same thing. That's what I always thought it was retarded for Palm to make it such that you have to remove the battery door to hit the reset button. If I'm taking the door off, I might as well pull the battery. The only time you need to use the reset button is for hard resets.

Joe
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    forgive my ignorance, but would doing several hard resets cause any damage? The 700p has locked up several times and won't respond. The sprint documentation isn't that great at describing what to do when the thing goes crazy. So I should use soft resets first. That doesn't involve useing the reset button, right?
    My understanding is that ALL resets use the reset button (unless of course you decide to pull the battery instead). Several hard resets *in theory* should not cause any damage, but I can't imagine it would do any good either. One hard reset should be enough, and several hard resets in rapid succession shouldn't be any better than just the one.

If you're getting frequent hang-ups, then either there's a software incomapbility with an app you're running, or the phone could be defective.
    The Timeline:

Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm IIIse -> Palm IIIc -> Qualcomm QCP-6035 -> Palm m505 -> Treo 300 -> Sony CLIE NZ-90 -> Palm Tungsten T3 -> Treo 650 -> Palm T|X -> Blackberry 7250 -> Blackberry 7130e -> Treo 700p -> Blackberry 8703e -> Treo 750