Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi folks: I know there are a few posts that have concentrated on streaming content re: the blazer browser but I thought I would start this new thread. I have had a heck of a time trying to connect to websites, that have streaming video content. After I thought about this, I figured that the sites might be limiting connections to pda browsers. Then I remembered that there was a hack that disabled the blazer browser from broadcasting it was a pda browser that was posted way back in the forums (see attached).

The hack is called blazer full web content hack.

I loaded the hack, and two things ocurred. 1. The blazer page view really became expanded, and it looks great. 2. When I log into sites like zoovision, cnn, and a variety of sites that have streaming video; the sights allow me to stream, with no problem.

Try it you will like it. This was an old hack from the 600, but it works great.

Have fun
    Attached Files Attached Files
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    lookin forward to giving this a shot later on, will post my results asap.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Wow! This IS nice. I can pull up a full Google pages instead of mobile version! Thanks!!!
    Can some1 try to see if you can stream a movie trailer from Yahoo Movies now?

How do you go back to the old one, just in case?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    can someone tell me how to reverse this? it screws up picturemail
    I can't watch yahoo movie clips with this hack.
    Jimmie Geddes
    to delete this hack use Filez, and delete the blazer_spcs.prc that's 3.5k.
    Jimmie Geddes
    thank you!
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Using a Treo 650 ver. 4.0
    Didn't notice anything.
    Is this a hackmaster type hack?
    Do I have to activate this hack=?
    is the visual of blazer the same as if u were going to adjust it with fontsmoother and so on as posted here: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=117686 ??? anyone verify
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awu_gigabyte
    can someone tell me how to reverse this? it screws up picturemail
    When I install Webpro 3.5 it screws picture mail too isnt that wierd?
    I wonder what files corrupt picture mail?
    If anyone can figure it out let me now I would like to keep Webpro 3.5 on my Treo 700p without it screwing up my picturemail
    Will this only work on the Sprint phone?
    Palm Pro > Plam VII > m130 > T3 > T5 > LifeDrive > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 700w
    Holly crap who knew these Treo thingys were so cool!
    didn't work for me. The very first users of the 700P were able to stream from my favorite stations but I am unable to.

Seems the station streaming might be checking for IE6, IP address, Resolution, OS, ??? I am just not able to stream any good WMA stuff!!

Kinda defeated the purpose of upgrading to the 700P...

Thanks for the help though.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    I wonder if this allows google maps to load on 700P - it won't otherwise.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dezicartel
    is the visual of blazer the same as if u were going to adjust it with fontsmoother and so on as posted here: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=117686 ??? anyone verify
    If your'e asking whether or not FontSmoother will still adjust the fonts... the answer is 'yes'.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vjslater
    Wow! This IS nice. I can pull up a full Google pages instead of mobile version! Thanks!!!
    Yep, I could too... once. After I HotSync'ed this "hack" file onto my Sprint700p I entered the URL for www.google.com and saw the full blown Google page. I could 5-way around the page, but none of the links worked. Then none of my bookmarks worked. Then no direct URLs worked. Everything spins the little globe icon and tries to connect, the blue EVDO arrows light up... but nothing ever connects.

The problem was not specific to Blazer, it was a general data connection issue. On Demand wouldn't update any of its channels either.

I used FileZ to remove the blazer_spcs.prc file from RAM. That didn't fix the problem.

I went to Blazer preferences and cleared cache and cookies. That didn't fix the problem.

I turned the phone radio off/on. That didn't fix the problem.

I did a stylus push-button reset. That didn't fix the problem.

I had to reprovision the phone to get it back to a working data connection. For the benefit of anyone else needing to do that:
    • In the phone app dial ##DATA# (##3282#).
    • Press the Menu key
    • Select the "Update Vision Profile" option
    • Select the "Now" option in the pop-up
    That's just my experience, YMMV. I think I'm gonna stay away from this hack for now.

ERic
    Last edited by ERicJ; 07/06/2006 at 10:05 AM. Reason: specify Sprint700p
    Now here is another one ! - I also installed this hack - I then found I could not surf web with blazer browser (would not connect to websites) - so I removed the hack with filez - still same problem - soft reset - same problem - system reset - no difference - hard reset - same problem - restored my backup from SD card with backupman - still same problem - THEN I REINSTALLED THE HACK ! - Now okay - I could surf the web !!! - Now what do you think of that one !!! ( I didn't know about reprovisioning) - BEWARE OF THIS HACK !!
    Last edited by irabren; 07/06/2006 at 03:38 AM.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irabren
    [...] THEN I REINSTALLED THE HACK ! - Now okay - I could surf the web !!!
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that one. Somewhere along the way I tried reinstalling too, but that didn't fix it for me.
  19.    #19  
    Sorry for all of the problems that some people are experiencing. I installed it on my sprint 700p, and it is working like a champ. I like the way it renders the pages in blazer, and now I can see all the links for any of the streaming video. I could not get kinoma to launch any video links, and now it seem to work great.

I guess, I would recommend using this at your own risk, based on the mixed reviews.
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Do the problems seem to be Sprint vs. VZW? I am on Sprint and have had no problems with this hack/app.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast