1.    #1  
    Has anyone received a Vaja case with this new rivit clip system? If so, how do you like it? Does it stick out more or less than the old clip system if you had one, or from other standard belt clips? It looks like an interesting piece of engineering, but its hard to tell if the clip will stick out even further than the old one.

Also, check out the new Vaja case with silver highlights. Gorgeous, but I certainly can't afford to spend almost as much on a case as I did on the phone!!! Over $300 seems a bit steep to me.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighTreo
    Has anyone received a Vaja case with this new rivit clip system? If so, how do you like it? Does it stick out more or less than the old clip system if you had one, or from other standard belt clips? It looks like an interesting piece of engineering, but its hard to tell if the clip will stick out even further than the old one.

Also, check out the new Vaja case with silver highlights. Gorgeous, but I certainly can't afford to spend almost as much on a case as I did on the phone!!! Over $300 seems a bit steep to me.

Thanks.
    I spoke with Cecilia of Vaja & she said of course that is silver and the craftsmenship is the reason for the cost. I do not see it. I was tempted but to pay 340 for a case that will change when I get my new Treo year is not worth it. However I might be "Stupid" enough to buy it if it was $200. So it is good that it is not $200. I have looked at the rivets systems but with the new one I do not think that you can put the new one in your pocket. I wish they had a video online of the two type of clips and how you use them.
    I've been a Rivet user for years. At first I used the 2-sided adhesive to hold a fixed pin on my trusty aluminum hardcase. When that failed one time to often I tried JB Weld. When that failed I contacted Rivet and they sent me a threaded pin that mated up to the nut in the hardcase. That was the ticket. Perfect.

I use my E-Clips with the belt-loop hanger and the rigid belt-clip. I like the loop hanger a LOT more than the clip, mostly because when I use a clip I keep the phone to my side and it always gets caught on chair arms etc.

When I moved over to a 700P earlier this month I ordered a Vaja PA163, in Vitelino Jean/Black. I originally wanted a T77 but the PA163 is much lower profile and that was initially more important to me. It took no more than 8 days for me to receive my case. It is, of course, nothing short of excellent. Premium construction and materials throughout. A Cadillac among Yugos.

Perhaps I'll order a T77 anyway (and eBay the PA163) because there are a couple of features on the T77 that are important in retrospect, specifically, the easy-to-flip-up-and-down screen protector and the camera cutout. The PA163 easily folds back to expose the Treo lens but that's not as nice as having a cutout. The PA163 flip-over lid works nicely too, but it looks like the T77 lid is easier to deal with day-in and day-out.

As you would expect, my PA163 has a rivet pin. It sticks out no further than a normal fixed pin. It is, however, mounted closer to the center of gravity than I would like. In fact, because of the way it hangs I can no longer use the belt-loop hanger - things are always spinning around and usually land in a silly position. If I order a T77 I'm going to ask that they custom-place the pin much higher on case.

Anyway, if you have further questions or want pics, let me know.
    I was a long time Vaja advocate but let's get real. A case that is worth as much as the phone. I bought this case from podsplus.com and I am extremely happy. Vaja is like the Humvee, if you have $$$ abd want to flaunt it get it, if you are practical like me get the Honda Pilot equivalent, the Podsplus case.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Damn, that Silver case is sweet, but damn expensive. Vaja, hands down, makes the most beautiful cases I've ever experienced. The rivet thing is new to me, but it looks cool. I've owned a multitude of Vaja cases over the years and highly recommend them, if money is no object.

Joe
    Just checked out the Website...I'm surprised Vaja didn't announce it's new rivet belt clip system as a "new product" feature. You have to click on the T65 silver info to get any info on it and even then the info is sparse.

I'll I can say is, it's about freakin' time! I hated having my Treo move around haphazzardly like it was in a spin cycle (Whee! Etc.). Click is it.

I'll be waiting to see the reviews on the clip system befre I shell out another $100 or so for a repalcement case, assuming the protective T66 cases also come with the rivet system.
    Last edited by KevMeister; 07/05/2006 at 09:21 PM. Reason: spelling
    Did more searching...egads! $20 more bucks for the rivent system. You have to be kidding me! And there is no quick time video/VR demo or whatever...what up with THAT?

More info here:
    http://www.vajacases.com/vaja/catalogo.nsf/htmlmedia/a-generic_images/$file/riv_system_en_ivo.jpg

and Here:
    http://www.vajacases.com/Vaja/catalo...sEN/apa102ik_1

Basic Rivet Clip kit
    http://www.vajacases.com/vaja/catalogo.nsf/htmlmedia/a-generic_images/$file/basic_kit.jpg

Additional Rivet Clip Kit
    http://www.vajacases.com/vaja/catalogo.nsf/htmlmedia/a-generic_images/$file/extra_kit.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    OK, now I'm officialy confused. Again, You woulda thunk Vaja would make this a separate product page to explain all the differences.
    Quote Originally Posted by xpanmanx
    I've been a Rivet user for years. At first I used the 2-sided adhesive to hold a fixed pin on my trusty aluminum hardcase. When that failed one time to often I tried JB Weld. When that failed I contacted Rivet and they sent me a threaded pin that mated up to the nut in the hardcase. That was the ticket. Perfect.

I use my E-Clips with the belt-loop hanger and the rigid belt-clip. I like the loop hanger a LOT more than the clip, mostly because when I use a clip I keep the phone to my side and it always gets caught on chair arms etc.

When I moved over to a 700P earlier this month I ordered a Vaja PA163, in Vitelino Jean/Black. I originally wanted a T77 but the PA163 is much lower profile and that was initially more important to me. It took no more than 8 days for me to receive my case. It is, of course, nothing short of excellent. Premium construction and materials throughout. A Cadillac among Yugos.

Perhaps I'll order a T77 anyway (and eBay the PA163) because there are a couple of features on the T77 that are important in retrospect, specifically, the easy-to-flip-up-and-down screen protector and the camera cutout. The PA163 easily folds back to expose the Treo lens but that's not as nice as having a cutout. The PA163 flip-over lid works nicely too, but it looks like the T77 lid is easier to deal with day-in and day-out.

As you would expect, my PA163 has a rivet pin. It sticks out no further than a normal fixed pin. It is, however, mounted closer to the center of gravity than I would like. In fact, because of the way it hangs I can no longer use the belt-loop hanger - things are always spinning around and usually land in a silly position. If I order a T77 I'm going to ask that they custom-place the pin much higher on case.

Anyway, if you have further questions or want pics, let me know.

will they make special changes like you indicated above? I would like to get the Silver without the side bars but would like them to put a silver casing aroung the reset hole so one could use the Seido cover to do resets. That would sure be nice if they did!
  9. cja
    I've used the new Rivet Clip for some time now and really like it. I use the belt clip, I think it's referred to as the E-clip. I also have the other attachment systems and have two of the adhesive clips in my car. I have others too that have have played around with. You might want to go to the Rivet web site and buy the various attachments from them: www.rivetnow.com.

Craig
    The rivet system is not new. They've had it for awhile now...