1.    #1  
    I want to install Kmaps - but web site says to install java application first -( IBM's WebSphere Everyplace Micro Environment to run Java 2 Micro Edition™ applications)

Is this safe to install on the 700P?? Does Kmaps work on the 700P
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Mine has the IBM Java add-on and KMaps installed. So far they work fine.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    I too have had no problems!! -- Once you have Java Installed there are some pretty cool java applets you can load...
    I use ZLauncher and have KMaps and Java installed in the same application launch folder - they get launched, run, and when KMaps is terminated, everything goes right back to the launch folder. No wasted RAM. Ben
    KMaps is working well for me. I had some problems with the initial install of Java however. You MUST install the Java files via a hotsync. They do not install correctly using other methods.

Does anyone know if it's possible to view the Google Maps satellite images with Kmaps?
  6.    #6  
    -" Once you have Java Installed there are some pretty cool java applets you can load"

Could you give some examples ?
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Works pretty well; just not as good on the 650...yet. I believe JAVA and the 700 arent perfectly insync yet; hence the 5-way or the "keyboard menu" working like their supposed to.
  8.    #8  
    Re using Kmaps: This is an excellent program. Well worth having !! - get the latest version from: http://kmaps.ulocate.com - free!
    Set the marker from the menu - then - move the marker to blank areas of the screen and it will connect and fill in the missing part of the map to fill the page - Maps are excellent!
    Last edited by irabren; 07/13/2006 at 05:57 AM.
    volume care; backupman; Pdanet; Filez; OperaMini; voice dial; IBMJava; AlwaysOn; Universal Keyboard; Font Smoother; YAHM; KMaps; Avvenu; DA Sprint 700P
    I had Kmaps and found it incredibly kludgy to use and not very intuitive. Maybe I'll give it another try, I was otherwise having a bad week when I used it, so perhaps my reaction to the software was more mood related.
    Quote Originally Posted by beavis10
    KMaps is working well for me. I had some problems with the initial install of Java however. You MUST install the Java files via a hotsync. They do not install correctly using other methods.

Does anyone know if it's possible to view the Google Maps satellite images with Kmaps?
    I'm begining to love Kmaps after some intial reservations. You kinda got to play around with it to get it to work properly. It's free, so you can't complain to much.

I to would love to view Google satellite maps with Kmaps. Haven't seen any mention of how to do this.