1.    #1  
    I just got a treo 700p the other day. The problem I'm having is that when ever chattermail is online and I walk away from my phone, the screen turns off and then the whole unit just shuts off. I can't turn in back on by pressing the red button. I have to take the battery out and reset the unit. Then it occurs again since chattermail goes back online and the unit just goes blank...No power what so ever...I know its being cause by chattermail because I have left the internet on without Chattermail being online and it works fine, but I really want the push email technology on my phone. Any suggestions?? I have done a hard reset a couple of times, but still ends up happening...
    Not sure, have had chatteremail running very successfully on my device (700p) for a while now.
    I had to uninstall Chatter. I was having a similar problem. The power button would not turn on the phone unless I hit it several times. Other hard buttons had the same problem. It caused a big slow down of many apps and frequent freezes. I eventually did a hard reset and re-installed everything except Chatter. All is well now.

Too bad. I really liked Chatter.
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Are you sure your symptoms are correct? What I've noticed is whenever chatter connects to the EVDO network and starts downloading or checking for mail the Treo itself just becomes rediculously slow. So, for example, the unit looks like it won't power on/off, but in actuality it's just because Chatter is monopolizing the processor.

Personally, I wish someone would fix this type of scheduling since I get ~200 emails a day on my work account...

Then again I'm entirely unimpressed with the 700p's performance in general :-/
  5.    #5  
    I've started using the Sprint Business Connect and its working really well..Its very stable, although Chattermail has a better UI. I can live with BC, since I have a desktop on at all times and can access fies off of my computer. I guess I'm a happy camper now
    Having no issues with version 2.0.1p1+ Chatteremail+OWA other than battery drainage ....
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    I get resets when I hit the "mail" hard button - and yes it does slow the system a bit when mail arrives.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    ChatterEmail works well on my Sprint 700p. I do get occasional minor problems, but nothing to complain about. I would say that Chatter works at least 90% perfectly, which is pretty much most of the time. Good enuff for me!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    also, been recently getting crashes when emails arrive - just happened right now with incoming email and using the latest beta.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I had the exact same problem. None of the buttons did anything (the service light was red) I had to reset it in the back, which ended in an infinite loop reset. Long story short, the calendar had become damaged. I don't think Chatter talks to the calendar, so it's hard to say what's at fault.

It could be that the calendar had an alarm or some other action that triggered when Chatter wanted to control the phone? I know that Chatter has problems when it can't connect to the network (like when it's roaming).

BTW: If you are having a problem with Chatter, the Chatteremail forum (on their site) recommends using the beta version. Personally I don't, but will be using the beta version if I run into any more problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by headgeek
    I had the exact same problem. None of the buttons did anything (the service light was red) I had to reset it in the back, which ended in an infinite loop reset. Long story short, the calendar had become damaged. I don't think Chatter talks to the calendar, so it's hard to say what's at fault.

It could be that the calendar had an alarm or some other action that triggered when Chatter wanted to control the phone? I know that Chatter has problems when it can't connect to the network (like when it's roaming).

BTW: If you are having a problem with Chatter, the Chatteremail forum (on their site) recommends using the beta version. Personally I don't, but will be using the beta version if I run into any more problems.
    If the author and maintainer of Chatter recommends using the beta version on the 700p, I'd listen to him. I know Marc has been working hard to make the performance of Chatter on the 700p optimum. He runs Chatter on the 700p as well, and is more than willing to work with you if you see a problem with the programs operation.
    I am running the beta - still issues
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  13.    #13  
    Chattermail is great..but Sprint offered me their Business connections package for 5 bucks a month..and it works rock solid..not crashes thus far...Does anyone know how the Business connections works?? is it the same way ?? because it gets push email too...
    Quote Originally Posted by rikishah
    Chattermail is great..but Sprint offered me their Business connections package for 5 bucks a month..and it works rock solid..not crashes thus far...Does anyone know how the Business connections works?? is it the same way ?? because it gets push email too...
    really dumb question, but what do you get with BC and how does it work. i cannot get a real answer from the people at the store.
    For those having problems with Chatter, can you list what else you are running? I am not having any problems with chatter.
    for me, chatter will frequently completely freeze my phone. i am also having a bunch of issues with mergic vpn (very frequent lockups). so i dont know if my issues are mergic, chatter or both (from what i have read it sounds like both have issues). it really sucks, because i want to buy chatter, but i just cannot use it realiably yet. mergic's support is great, but i wish thier developer(s) were a bit faster on getting a 700 optimized version.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I have had no problems with chatter. But I have to say, I don't use push email. I just manually check my email and have the disconnect when offline option on.
    With this setup I've had no problems with battery drain, freezes, resets, slowness, etc. I have also had it syncing every 60 minutes with no problems.

I also have chatter's control of the radio disabled. Don't know if this helps, but yeah. No problems here.

The developer of chatter is also one of the most responsive developers I know and if you are having problems, contact him, he ussually enacts a bugfix if it is found to be legitamate pretty quickly.
    Not a problem with my Treo 700p and Chatter/Fastmail. Ben