1.    #1  
    Can somebody help me in my understanding of this software? As I read it, running Good effectively turns the Treo (or Q, if that's what I end up with) into a push syncing device. In other words, I no longer use the native PIM; instead, I have my Outlook data reflected in the Good software. Thus, the shortcomings of the native PIM (i.e., the "missing" fields in POS contacts and the missing notes function on the Q) are overcome by Good (to some extent).

Further, if I want to, I can use the hack/workaround to re-enable the native PIM to work in conjunction with Good (for example, if I wish to sync my data both at work, using Good, and at home, using Activesync/Hotsync), at least on the POS Treo.

Do I have this right?
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by safelder
    Can somebody help me in my understanding of this software? As I read it, running Good effectively turns the Treo (or Q, if that's what I end up with) into a push syncing device. In other words, I no longer use the native PIM; instead, I have my Outlook data reflected in the Good software. Thus, the shortcomings of the native PIM (i.e., the "missing" fields in POS contacts and the missing notes function on the Q) are overcome by Good (to some extent).

Further, if I want to, I can use the hack/workaround to re-enable the native PIM to work in conjunction with Good (for example, if I wish to sync my data both at work, using Good, and at home, using Activesync/Hotsync), at least on the POS Treo.

Do I have this right?
    Correct, GoodLink turns your Treo into a push syncing device. I actually prefer keeping a separate "personal" database for my phone and calendar information. So I continue to use the native contacts application and DateBk6. It turns out that when you install GoodLink it reassigns the buttons. This can be sorted out through Preferences. However, in order for the phone to continue to use the native contacts application rather than the GoodLink application, you need to use a work around (i.e. renaming the creator id for a GoodLink application using a program like FileZ...this is explained elsewhere in the forum).