1.    #1  
    After porting my mobile number from Cingular to Sprint, the MSID on my treo still shows as the previous temporary phone number Sprint assigned when I started service. Are you experiencing the same after porting and does this pose any problems? I just ported yesterday and everything seems to work though I haven't tested everything extensively. One issue I found is my voicemail icon will direct to my old number - how do I change number for the shortcut key on my Treo 700P?

I did a google search and found some people are having problems with gettting a disconnected message from roaming callers or certain carriers. Anyone here experiencing this?
    Your MSID will be your Temporary number, and your MDN will be your "real" number.. the number you ported.

As for the voicemail shortcut going to your old number.. Mine did that for a couple days after the port, then it fixed itself somehow. You can wait and see if yours does the same, or you can call customer service and see if they can fix it now.
    Joshua Miller
    jemiller@jem.phoenix.az.us
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalJEM
    Your MSID will be your Temporary number, and your MDN will be your "real" number.. the number you ported.

As for the voicemail shortcut going to your old number.. Mine did that for a couple days after the port, then it fixed itself somehow. You can wait and see if yours does the same, or you can call customer service and see if they can fix it now.
    Thanks, I'll wait a few days to see if the vmail shortcut will take care of itself. Where do I go to verify the MDN on my Treo? I dont see it under Phone Info and it currently shows my temporary number under "My Phone Number."
    go to the dialpad and dial ##786 and then hit send. You will be taken to a screen which shows you lifetimer(s) and other info, including your MSID and MDN
    Joshua Miller
    jemiller@jem.phoenix.az.us