1.    #1  
    My Verizon 700P is working fine as a phone, web browser, etc. but, all of a sudden (after working fine with Goodlink for over a week), when I activate my Goodlink, I'm getting the following "Fatal Error" message:

c:\build\kahlua_rtn3\win32\release\build_14\gx\system\src\palm\gxdevicepalm.cpp:233GX_ASSERT in ffs2.cpp@ 1165

The device gets stuck on this message, and only a reset gets out of it. However, I've tried soft resets, warm resets and battery removal, and yet every time I try to re-activate Goodlink, I get the same "Fatal Error". (I haven't yet done a hard reset, and am trying to avoid one.)

The only "non-stock" software I have on my Treo is the latest version of Volumecare, which hasn't been giving me any problems (and this problem is occuring even when I de-activate the Volumecare).

Any ideas as to what's causing this, and how to solve it?

Thanks.
    My 700p with Goodlink 4.8 has started to do the same thing (not exact same message, but a fatal error with lock up). Only additional software I have is Doc's to Go & Telenav.

Did you find a solution? Does the Goodlink guy still post here?

I'll call Goodlink Support tomorrow, but curious if others have run into this, and found a fix.

HRBRAR
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I did a hard reset and reinstalled GoodLink, and so far (the last 36 hours or so) it seems to be working okay again. Also, this time I won't populate my sub-folders; I'm not sure if it matters, but if this is some sort of memory problem, I figure "the less used, the better."

By the way, GoodLink tech support was completely useless on this. My IT guy spent two hours on the phone listening to the buck being passed back and forth from Goodlink to Palm to Verizon and then back to GoodLink. Apparently, the fact that this device isn't functioning properly with a vital piece of third-party software-- without which almost no corporate IT departments would buy it in the first place-- is meaningless both to the device's manufacturer, one of its principal wireless carriers, and that third party software maker itself. All in all, it's been a disgusting experience dealing with these buck-passing clowns.
    Thanks for the response. I'll try hard reset, reinstall everything, and leave sub-folders out to see if that works.

Thanks for the warning regarding wasting my time with Palm/VZ/Goodlink. Luckily we have a VZ corporate rep who will replace the device without hassle, but that doesn't do any good if the problem isn't the device.

It's odd that you and I are the only ones having this problem. If others are fine running 700p/Goodlink then it's either:

1) some sort of corruption during install
    2) defective hardware
    3) interoperability with other apps.

I hope to figure it out this weekend. I need this set up to work. For me it is the ultimate road warrior machine (700p/Goodlink/Doc's to Go/Telenav). My level of productivity is significantly impaired without it.

HRBRAR
  5.    #5  
    Here is an old thread about almost the same problem on the 650:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=101541
    I hard reset and reinstalled. Goodlink works fine (even subfolders, though I only use one). The Goodlink Tech Support person said that the problem may have been caused by utilizing Goodlink with less than 5% battery life remaining. He said that this sometimes corrupts the memory, causing this fatal error on 700p's, and a hard reset is the only way to fix it. So far so good. -hrbrar
  7.    #7  
    The GoodLink guy is-- either intentionally or unintentionally-- full of sh*t with that "explanation." I had at least 80% battery life when it happened to me, and the IT guy who posted the same problem on his 650s said it happened to five of them at once, and I doubt the batteries on all of them were concurrently run down that low. But I'm glad yours is working again (and, so far, mine still is).
    My 700p with Goodlink 4.8 continually resets after I push the mail button. When get the debug info the cause is fatal exception in goodlink. Becoming quite a PITA. Happens multiple times per day, usually after using Blazer though can happan anytime.
    the message also exist w/ the 650: C:\build\kahlua_rtm3\win32\release\build_14\gx\systems\src\palm\gxdevicepalm.cpp:233 Q Overflow:GoodRadio

Quote Originally Posted by rsdmems View Post
    My Verizon 700P is working fine as a phone, web browser, etc. but, all of a sudden (after working fine with Goodlink for over a week), when I activate my Goodlink, I'm getting the following "Fatal Error" message:

c:\build\kahlua_rtn3\win32\release\build_14\gx\system\src\palm\gxdevicepalm.cpp:233GX_ASSERT in ffs2.cpp@ 1165

The device gets stuck on this message, and only a reset gets out of it. However, I've tried soft resets, warm resets and battery removal, and yet every time I try to re-activate Goodlink, I get the same "Fatal Error". (I haven't yet done a hard reset, and am trying to avoid one.)

The only "non-stock" software I have on my Treo is the latest version of Volumecare, which hasn't been giving me any problems (and this problem is occuring even when I de-activate the Volumecare).

Any ideas as to what's causing this, and how to solve it?

Thanks.