1. nwr
    When using the camera on the 700p how do you save the picture to the flash card instead of the phones internal memory?
    Thanks,
    NWR
    Open up the camera app. Just below the viewscreen, on the right, is a drop-down that can be the Treo (phone icon) or the SD card (card icon), or create a new album. Just select the card before you start shooting.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Quote Originally Posted by kdallen
    a drop-down that can be the Treo (phone icon) or the SD card (card icon), or create a new album.
    Those are AWFUL icons. They're so small and both so similar. The "palm" one should be a phone handset or just blank. In the camera app I usually just tell the difference by knowing the chip is below the dotted line.

Gary
    Sprint Treo 755p (previously Sprint Treo 700p, Sprint i500, Sprint i330 [yuk], Sprint i300, Sprint StarTac, Verizon StarTac)
    Mac 12" 1.5 GHz PowerBook (Constantly tethered to my Treo)
    Gary Said... (my blog) or The Daily Meme
  4. nwr
    Thanks for the help. I had to look twice to see the difference.
    Since this is labeled 700p Camera, does anyone think that the camera could have been made better with the addition of a little flash next to it. Indoors, the camera isn't all that great under OK lighting conditions. Why do the other $40 camera phones have a flash with it but my $400 one can't?
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    Why do the other $40 camera phones have a flash with it but my $400 one can't?
    ...and that's the $64 question.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Quote Originally Posted by justbrown522
    Since this is labeled 700p Camera, does anyone think that the camera could have been made better with the addition of a little flash next to it. Indoors, the camera isn't all that great under OK lighting conditions. Why do the other $40 camera phones have a flash with it but my $400 one can't?
    Agreed! I would think the same, especially given the nifty price tag (which I paid, mind you). Coming from the BlackBerry world, I was somewhat excited to get back into a phone having a camera, but I better be taking pictures in decent light, the phone is no help.
    I don't think a little "pen-light" flash would help any. I think better light sensitivity and manual aperature/exposure control would be a better improvement.
    My Palm OS History: US Robotics Palm Pilot 1000 > Palm Vx > Handspring Visor Edge > Palm m505 > Handspring Treo 90 > Handspring Treo 300 > Handspring Treo 600 > PalmOne Treo 650 > Palm Treo 700p > Palm Treo 755p > Palm Centro 690

Other Phones: Sony Z100 > Motorola StarTAC ST7867W > Motorola TimePort P8767 > Sanyo SP6000 > Motorola v50 > Motorola v600 > Nokia 6102i > Blackberry 7290 > Blackberry 8700c
    Here is a flash alternative. I don't have it, but might get it. http://www.phonephlash.com/
    can't someone design a camera for this phone that doesn't have a 2 second lag??
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by chuhsi
    can't someone design a camera for this phone that doesn't have a 2 second lag??
    If it makes you feel better, the camera on the 6700 is just as bad/slow as the 700P--it was pretty awful.

But, a company (ATEKSoft ) has released a new camera application that replaces the default one and it did improve the shutter lag (it's mostly gone now) while also greatly improving quality (e.g. "night mode" which greatly enhances the light).

we were all convinced that the 6700's camera problems were strictly hardware but there is a software workaround, which gives hope the 700P (both are made by HTC).

I'd suggest for people to find a company that does any kind of software for cameras and pressure them to work on this, I don't see any reason why it can't be improved for a modest price ("CoolCamera" from ATEKSoft is only $14).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter