Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I received a call in the middle of a hotsync which caused my 700p to crash. I heard the vibrate sound, looked up, and the device reset.

Is there a setting - or a 3rd party app - that will allow me to disable the ability to receive calls during a hotsync?

Much thanks,

reubkov
    How about turning off the phone? I used to have the same problem with my 650. I did just that.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    I think what Ohmster means is to disable the phone BEFORE starting a HotSync and then re-enable it after you've finished.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Yeah, I guess I could do that. It would be nice, though, if there was a utility that automatically disabled the phone while a hotsync was taking place.

Much thanks,

reubkov
    I didn't know the Treo could receive calls during HotSync. Every Time i've tried to call or SMS my phone while it's hotsyncing, the call goes to VM and the SMS doesn't appear until the HotSync is done.
    Joshua Miller
    jemiller@jem.phoenix.az.us
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    stop being lazy... just hold the power button on the dang thing and power down before syncing. why spend money on an extra program????? especially a program that could make ur brand new (delicate) treo unstable
    Last edited by json; 07/04/2006 at 05:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I thought that was the whole point of these gizmos - so that we could be lazy

Seriously, I wouldn't spend a penny on such a utility, unless it had other, indispensable features. I was thinking more of a) a setting in the prefs or b) a freeware app that simply disabled the phone when hotsyncing. I'd research it myself, rather than posting my question here, but I'm too lazy
    reubkov
    Palm Treo 755p with 2GB SanDisk microSD, Launcher X
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalJEM
    I didn't know the Treo could receive calls during HotSync. Every Time i've tried to call or SMS my phone while it's hotsyncing, the call goes to VM and the SMS doesn't appear until the HotSync is done.
    I'm agree. This was never a problem with the 600. I'll put this on my long list of tests on the 700P.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalJEM
    Correct, but.... If the radio is on, the phone still has to actively do something on an incomming call even if it is just routing it to voicemail. The issue (at least in my case) was that the phone would crash if a call was made to the Treo while hotsyncing.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster
    The issue (at least in my case) was that the phone would crash if a call was made to the Treo while hotsyncing.
    This is what happened to me - I think. I was in the middle of hotsyncing when I heard the phone vibrate. I looked up and, after a second, it crashed.
    reubkov
    Palm Treo 755p with 2GB SanDisk microSD, Launcher X