1.    #1  
    Bought the treo headset, and it worked well for a few days, then lost it's pairing, and wouldn't stay paired for longer than one call. Headset was replaced, but the new one does the same thing. I now realize after all the posts about this that it is a common problem, thought I haven't read of anyone having this w/ the Palm headset. You'd think the Treo headset would be compatible??? Anyone else have issues w/ the Treo headset?

Anyway. A hard reset? I'm a relative newbie, and a hard reset scares the bejesus out of me. i don't have any software on it yet, but have had enough HOTSYNC issues to scare me.

Palm told me today that a hard reset should fix it. Sprint says just get a totally different headset.

Anybody have any luck w/ the hard reset? And how risky is it? Palm said I'd have to rename my old backup folder so it won't take any of the old info. The suspicison is that a third party application has damaged the BT. But like I said. I don't have any third party apps on my treo.

Frustrated.

k
    dont believeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it . If you have no third party app on your treo then you need to take it back . something iw wrong with the headset. as for the bluetooth issue its well known and talked about all over the site.

a hardreset gets the treo back to default setting . In most cases it will help with some little stability issuse other than that if your treo is having major problems then take it back do not pass go do not collect $200 go straight to the sprint store.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Did u get the Palm Ultralight headset of the older one?

I have the Ultralight headset and it is not that good. It has a hard time staying connected and it has some static.

I dont think its your phone i think its just that the headset doesnt work well with our Treo's.
    Well, from what I've been reading on these forums, it's the 700p most of the time, and not the headset. In fact, some headsets don't even work at all with the 700p , even though they were known to work well with the 650.

However, I do recommend trying different headsets to see which one works well for you.
    I bought the basic Treo BT headset from the TreoCentral Store ($55)and it's great so far. Good reception, no disconnect issues. Initially had problems getting it to pair- couldn't get the blue light to stay on the headset long enough to inidicate it was pairing.
    As a result of my reading of other threads, I never turn off BT on the Treo.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante
    Well, from what I've been reading on these forums, it's the 700p most of the time, and not the headset. In fact, some headsets don't even work at all with the 700p , even though they were known to work well with the 650.

However, I do recommend trying different headsets to see which one works well for you.
    I agree with this post. It's been discussed on forums all over the net and, bottom line, the problem is the Treo. Not necessarily a mechanical fault requiring you to take it back, but a design flaw. I'm like many others. My Sony Ericsson HBH-662 worked great with my 650 but it's hit-and-miss now. Welcome to the trial-and-error club.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    I just don't understand why Palm cannot admit to the problem and why they can't give us a clue as to when they might fix it. Its obvious that this is common with most 700P users. A simple, "we are working the issue" would be nice.

FL
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    I bought the basic Treo BT headset from the TreoCentral Store ($55)and it's great so far. Good reception, no disconnect issues. Initially had problems getting it to pair- couldn't get the blue light to stay on the headset long enough to inidicate it was pairing.
    As a result of my reading of other threads, I never turn off BT on the Treo.
    Good Luck
    I can confirm this - I have the same basic Treo BT headset and it works just fine all the time whenever I am using it. So far it has never dropped a connection or call, it works fine and the people on the other end all say no problems hearing me even when driving with open sunroof and/or music on. Very cool and for sure more safe then when using my Treo 600 holding to my ear ...
    I have on my Treo 700P bluetooth on all the time, no noticable battery drain.

I am happy with the basic BT headset.
    I have the Treo headset bought it when i had my 650 and paired it with my 700p and i have never had a BT problem not with the headset or pairing with the Hands Free Link on my car. and this is my second 700p i had to exchange my first one for other reason, but i have never had a BT problem with either of them.
    hey you're right. The Treo basic headset is pretty damn good. I upgraded to a plantronics 640 when I got my 700p and tried Jabra jx10 before sticking with the 640 which disconnects from time to time. I never gave the Treo another chance since I felt it was too primitive with all the headsets out today. I just called my bro with it and he couldn't tell I was using a headset unlike when I'm on my 640. And definitely no disconnects. Very cool!