View Poll Results: Who is for the 700w and who is for the 700p?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • 700w

3 7.69%
  • 700p

36 92.31%
  1.    #1  
    who will it be??
    Surely that's a pretty tough question, considering Sprint doesn't carry the 700p. I'd probably consider the 700w if Sprint had it... Verizon is WAAAAY too expensive!
  3.    #3  
    hold up sprint is not going to carry the 700w??
    Quote Originally Posted by abstraxion
    Surely that's a pretty tough question, considering Sprint doesn't carry the 700p. I'd probably consider the 700w if Sprint had it... Verizon is WAAAAY too expensive!
    ??
    so how is this different from the other thread you started?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=118509
    I would definitely consider the 700w with more user memory and higher res screen.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I had the 700w and I got sick of the lack of memory, instability, horrible ActiveSync and poor usability. So I sold it and got a 700p. For me, PalmOS just works (others clearly have stability problems with PalmOS, but my 650 and 700p have been rock solid).
    Possibly I will switch to the next (W). I learned never to buy the first of anything. Ofcourse the first W(700) is going to have alot of faults compared to something tried and tested for years, comparing only with the Palm Treo. I think the W will overtake the P eventually, just not now. For me, its the P
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I like my w very much, as most people say though, all it really needs is more memory, I can actually handle the screen res, but the memory just... well it just sucks! I remember the old days with WM2003 and previous WM products where you had that memory slider, I would love to have the slider now, I have almost 45megs free of storage and on a reset 11 megs of ram that goes down to about 6 or 7, with that slider I could give it another 20 megs and I wouldn't have to worry about PIE shutting down when I use Media Player! I look forward to the next version of the w that has the much needed memory.... ok I am done ranting!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    The 700w is FATALLY flawed due to the amount of ram that the system takes to run wm5. Being the same hardware as the 700p, the palm variant is ALWAYS going to run better as it's better in it's ram usage. The wm5 version slowly leaks memory till it's got 4-5 megs ram available and shortly after crashes... Palm is just pathetic lately in their design efforts.
    lucky for us they added ram for the 700p or we would all be screwed
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    I would definitely consider the 700w with more user memory and higher res screen.
    Exactly. The only other thing I'd like to see is a refinement in the interface for the Windows style phones (and yes I'm windows user) so that the can be used more efficiently like the Palm OS phones.

The strength of the Windows phones are the Today Screen and multitasking.
    Quote Originally Posted by iramike
    I like my w very much, as most people say though, all it really needs is more memory, I can actually handle the screen res, but the memory just... well it just sucks! I remember the old days with WM2003 and previous WM products where you had that memory slider, I would love to have the slider now, I have almost 45megs free of storage and on a reset 11 megs of ram that goes down to about 6 or 7, with that slider I could give it another 20 megs and I wouldn't have to worry about PIE shutting down when I use Media Player! I look forward to the next version of the w that has the much needed memory.... ok I am done ranting!
    If you want to increase/improve memory while making some apps load faster, go here and read:
    Use UPX to compress your exe/dll files and get more out of your memory

Case in point: Opera 8.6 is 5mb normally, I compressed it 1.2mb.

There is a list of progams that work listed there too (put it this way, 98% do). On my 6700 I gained back over 6.5 mb from just compressing a few programs and apps like Verichat, Splashblog, etc. load faster, imo. No hit in RAM either.

Edit: actually, this might not help with the RAM part either, just save on storage space.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 07/04/2006 at 03:24 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by sbradfor
    Exactly. The only other thing I'd like to see is a refinement in the interface for the Windows style phones (and yes I'm windows user) so that the can be used more efficiently like the Palm OS phones.

The strength of the Windows phones are the Today Screen and multitasking.
    A refinement in the interface would be choice... Windows will eventually take over...its inevidable, and I want to be ready and will be accepting.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I've been a Windows PC Tech for many years. If WM is the only solution for a "smart phone" at any point, I will quit using "smart phones" I'll be damned if Mr. Gates owns passage way to everything I use
    Joshua Miller
    jemiller@jem.phoenix.az.us