Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For all ( like me who did not know) Call Rec is now on release 3.0 and you can now hotsync the calls to the PC . You can now Email recordings.If you have 2.0 seems to be a free upgrade.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...&prodid=115648

CallRec is the premier voice recording application for the Treo™ 700p and Treo™ 650 smartphone. This simple-to-use application allows you to record your telephone conversation and voice memos with ease by simply pressing the Treo side key. When recording telephone conversation both sides are recorded without need to turn on the speakerphone on your Treo. CallRec store files directly to the memory card and recording duration is limited only by free space on the card. With adjustable recording sample rate you can make optimal balance between sound quality and file size. Once activated, the program allows you to commence recording before or during any incoming or outgoing call with a single click. Furthermore, you can configure CallRec to automatically record all your incoming and/or outgoing calls. Share your recording and send your files by IR, Bluetooth or e-mail.

Main features
    Adjustable one button recording. Chose to start/stop recording by single on double press on the side button, or use the combination of side button and shift or option key.
    Adjustable recording sample rate. Chose recording sample rate and make optimal balance between sound quality and file size.
    Direct saving to the SD card. Don't worry about free space on the main memory, CallRec save files directly to the SD card.
    Playback recorded files. Play, stop, pause and fast forward recorded files on easy and intuitive way.
    Share your recordings. Send recordings by IR, Bluetooth or e-mail.
    Automatically record your calls. Configure CallRec to automatically record all your incoming and/or outgoing telephone calls.
    Copletely support 5-way navigation buttons. Any operation can be made by 5-way navigation buttons.

System Requirements
    Treo 650 smartphone with memory card.
    200K of free memory.

Updated Description:

Share recordings via IR, Bluetooth or e-mail Automatically record incoming and/or outgoing phone calls Include conduit to transfer files to PC Many UI improvements
    Great! Thanks for the info.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Might be a silly question...does this work if I'm using my bluetooth headset?
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Quote Originally Posted by kdallen
    Might be a silly question...does this work if I'm using my bluetooth headset?
    I don't think so..but great question, anyone?

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Just to clarify, with the sutomatic recording of all calls, does CallRec auto-start when you answer a call and auto-stop when you hangup? I'm using mVoice right now which is lacking this feature which would really make it useful and seemless.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    Just to clarify, with the sutomatic recording of all calls, does CallRec auto-start when you answer a call and auto-stop when you hangup? I'm using mVoice right now which is lacking this feature which would really make it useful and seemless.
    Yes it can, there's an option for that if you want it to work like that.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I emailed their support, and their response was noncommittal. They say it works fine with wired headsets but, with bluetooth, some people have reported that only their part of the conversation was recorded, while others have said only the other party's voice was recorded. I'm going to download a trial and see how it goes. Anyone have any input?
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Yes it can, there's an option for that if you want it to work like that.
    Thanks Rev.
    I'll try to get MotionApps to include this function otherwise I will give CallRec a try.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    When I'm talking in the phone can I play a recorded call so the other person listen to it?
    Or/And if I'm automatically recording the call, can I stop it and play it to shown the person I'm talking to that I had recorded the call?
    Last edited by jossanaijr; 07/05/2006 at 11:06 AM.
    Doesn't seem to automatically record on my 650. Probably because I have CityID installed. Emailing the developer now.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Verizon Treo 650...does anyone else use Butler to turn off the LED, and if so, does CallRec turn it back on after you've finished the recording. It does for me and it's the only thing keeping me from buying this program!
    All will believe in Him! The question is when!
    Relbik, it should just Turn On when you start to record, & Turn Off when you stop recording. I don't use Butler, but if your LED is kicked on, maybe there is a conflict between both apps.

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Relbik, I use LEDOff to turn it off, and yes, CallRec turns it back on.

I also use a program simply called Launcher which allows you to set up to nine apps for each of your four "hard keys."

LEDOff is set as the third position, so when I'm done with CallRec, I simply press Phone three times, which opens LEDOff which automatically turns the LED off.

A pain? Definitely, but it's an easy pseudo-fix.

This should def be on the list of bugfixes, though.

-B.
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick responses. I sent an email to the developer, so hopefully that and /or this forum will motivate a fix. Until then, I'll wait to register.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Beagle, I'm interested in trying this program "simply called Launcher". Where can I find it?
    well, I extracted launcher.prc from my treo, but not sure if it will just copy over like it should. Try it, though.

Help | About points to www.palmcommander.com, but I don't see the actual program on there anymore

I found about it on treocentral, so if those options fail you, just search here.

Try Launcher or Button Launcher.

Any more help, just ask.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    After I installed this program my 650 went into endless resets. I hard reset and restored from backup. I'll stick with callrec 2.0 for now, although I miss that auto-record feature.

Also, callrec 3 has an ugly interface. A little too "bubly" for my taste.
  18.    #18  
    Has to a conflict with something else on your 650. Worked fine on mine and I love the new interface. Makes it more simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr
    When I'm talking in the phone can I play a recorded call so the other person listen to it?
    Or/And if I'm automatically recording the call, can I stop it and play it to shown the person I'm talking to that I had recorded the call?
    Can someone tell me if this is possible?
    Thanks
    Does CallRec have an alarm? That would be nice to have an alarm so that it could be a Voice Memo type program too.

I can't get the Lifedrive ripped Voice Memo or Notepad to work on my unlocked APR Treo 650 and getting the localization error.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast